An apology and well wishes...

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

An apology and well wishes...

Postby meg » Jul 14, 2005 5:41 pm

I'm really struggling a bit the past few weeks. I've been posting but I find it - well, everything - a real effort and I'm just not myself. I thought that the PPD was pretty under contol with therapy, but I'm seriously reconsidering meds. Anyway to all of you that deserve better and gave better to me, I'm sorry about my lackluster support as of late.

Marie, Emily, Kelly - Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for all of you.

Natalie and Suzanne and all the pregnant ladies - Hang in there. You're so strong, so special... you're doing great!

Joanna - When I return from my self imposed hiatus (need a little time away from HG) I'm hoping to read that you have news!

Lisa and Teddi and Pamela - You have always been so wonderful to me. Thank you for your friendship!

Anyone I forgot, forgive me, it's not that you are forgettable, just that I'm not myself.

I'll be back. Until then... I love you guys and stay strong.
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Postby bibliojo » Jul 14, 2005 6:24 pm

(((Meg)))

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Seek the help you need and do nice things for yourself. I am here for you if you need to vent/talk. PPD is so rough.

Love,
Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Hugs, Meg. Support here extends far beyond the pregnancy and HG! Take care of yourself because you definitely deserve a happy-ever-after.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Jul 15, 2005 8:59 am

Meg, take care of yourself and do everything you need to to do that. We will be praying for you.

(((HUGS)))
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby emily » Jul 15, 2005 9:02 am

Hi Meg,

Not sure if you will read these posts or not, but my thoughts are with you. I am going through a pretty hard time myself and I can't imagine PPD on top of it. Please take care of and be good to yourself!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby rjdecker » Jul 15, 2005 10:22 am

Meg,

Do go get some help for the PPD. It can be so awful! I had it pretty bad with #3 and it was still lingering with #4. Was treated, but it took quite a while to get on top. I can actually feel some symptoms starting to return and I am not even to third tri yet. But we plan on treating about 37 weeks so we are hopefully on top before it gets bad. Hang in there and get as much support as you can. I was unable to do anything but feed and change my baby, the other kids, dh, and house suffered. I was frozen, couldn't do anything.

We are here when you need us. Sending prayers your way!

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby 3kids » Jul 15, 2005 3:12 pm

Meg, I wish you all the best.

You just get better.

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))
Kelly, 30

3 m/c's

Jack, 3. HG 10w-birth
Katie, 2. HG 7w-birth
Ben, 7.5mo. HG 6w-birth

3kids
Been There Done That

Postby HGx3 » Jul 16, 2005 12:09 am

Oh Meg, I understand what you are going through. It is so hard. I had to distance myself a bit until I was ready to truly help others as well. You have to take care of yourself FIRST. PLease knoe that I am here for you anytime you need me, even if you want to talk on the telephone...just pm and I will call you right up.

Hang in there, and please know that you are going to get past this in time.
All my love and support!!!!!!!!

I will miss you, but I know you will come back in YOUR time!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 16, 2005 3:17 pm

Dear Meg,

I'm sorry you're not feeling yourself and totally understand needing time away from HG. I took five years off after Chris was born...just couldn't cope with it. Like Lisa said, please feel free to call me too. Been there and done that with the PPD.

Also, consider looking up a few sites for resources on PPD...get some books, maybe post at a forum, that sort of thing as you seek support in the coming weeks and months. www.postpartumstress.com has the MOST excellent books. And www.postpartum.net has terrific research and a lovely forum I visit sometimes. Oh, and www.tabs.org.nz is a resource for PTSD info, not sure if that is something you are dealing with, but thought I'd note the site anyway.

You're such a dear woman, and I'm so grateful to have the chance to know you through this forum. As much as HG sucks, gotta say, I love the company. Know we all love you and send our support and prayers.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Natalie » Jul 26, 2005 3:51 pm

(((((Meg)))))

I have only just seen this thread. How are you getting along now? Take each day as it comes and don't rush to come back before you're ready.

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Marie » Jul 28, 2005 4:11 pm

((((Meg))))

I am so sorry that you are going through PPD. I appologize that I did not chime in earlier....I just saw this thread...Tyler is almost a month old and I just made my way into this folder.

Please take all the time you need for yourself and your family....we are here for you if you want to talk.

Thinking of you....
Hugs and Love,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum