Sterilization

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Sterilization

Postby emily » Jul 12, 2005 4:39 am

Well, I have to say. While I was pg I was thinking that you were all a bit bonkers for having babies and posting about being able to do it again or feeling down about TL's or Vasectomies. And now, here I am, feeling sad about knowing that this is my last baby!!!! Eeek!!! I keep thinking that maybe I COULD do it again, and then quickly thinking, no, I couldn't really. I have missed out so much with dd this past year and I cannot possibly imagine doing it again with two children. But, honestly, I am glad dh has refused to get a vasectomy so far. I think dealing with that emotionally right now would just be too much. So, mostly, I wanted to post this to send my sympathy for the others in this same situation.

I honestly didn't feel bonded with this baby up until he was born, and as soon as he was, I was instantly feeling like, ah, now that is why I went through this again! I had seriously wondered what the hell I was thinking for the past 9 months and had seriously regretted getting pregnant again. And already, I can't imagine if I had not had this little guy! I told my dh that it is pretty easy to say no more right now, but I know that it is going to hurt even more in a few years.
emily
Devoted to You

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum