What a morning!!

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

What a morning!!

Postby di » Jul 04, 2005 11:54 pm

Hello ladies :)

Sorry this is going to come out as a whinge, but you are the only ones who will understand. :?

This morning dd and I went to our first "New Baby" group, which is run by the local health service. :) It was good and I met some really nice people, but of course I didn't want to harp on about how sick I was during the pregnancy. :( I just felt like crying when some of these "fluffy bunny mummies" started talking...especially when it was their 2nd (or more) pregnancy. :cry: When it got round to me for the labor and delivery section, I said my delivery was great: I had a planned Ceaser, and it was all over and done with within 2 hours - including my surgeon being an hour late. It was a postive experience for me. :D

To make me feel more incompetent, dh packed the nappy bag :- the bottle was not done up properly so all the water leaked out everywhere in the bag, :x so dd was crying for ages while I cooled down some water for her feed, and dh didn't put in a set of spare clothes :x (sure, I should have cheked but he is usually really good! :? ) and i had to borrow some off another mum because dd did the most massive dirty nappy she has ever done and it was all in her clothes and everything. :roll: Long story short: It was VERY embarassing! :oops:

Anyway, most of the mums are well etc and of course I am stacks better, :D but still not quite as well as I would like to be.

What can I say when people ask me about my pregnancy (which I would love to say "It was a really sh!tty experience, which I will not repeat!!")without being too negative, but not getting into details about HG, or feeling like i have to justify my reasons, for C-section, bottlefeeding and my decision not to have any more? I really dont want to get into how sick I was, but I can't really gush over my "wonderful" pregnancy either.

Thanks so much, feeling much better getting it all out of my system :)
Di
Di 8)
Severe HG Jazmin Briella born 27/05/2005.
Severe HG weeks 2-15, Mild week 16 - week 29 Moderate - Mild to delivery. Nathan Finlay, born 5 March 2009.
di
Been There Done That

Postby meg » Jul 05, 2005 2:03 pm

I meant to reply here, but I goofed and started a new thread.

Sorry! :oops:
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Postby HelenA » Jul 05, 2005 7:38 pm

I know how you feel, I get asked al the time what sort of pregnancy I had, and to make it simple (well actually to keep it short so I do not need to spend a minute longer with these people than I have to!!) I just say I had morning sickness all the way through and had to have a C-section because she was big. I cannot be bothered to tell people the ins and outs of HG, and I'm sure if I did go into it they would have some rediculous reply, like "Didn't you try...?" Yes I tried everything, no it didn't work now bog off and leave me alone! And I won't go into my horrendous labor, I Just say I had the section because she was big, and not that she may have died if we had carried on trying to have a natural birth, or that the staff were so incompetent and treated me like crap, or that I was begging for a section 5 hours before they actually sent me down. No... It's easier this way. And as for when people find out I bottle feed, well.... Did you know I am depriving my child of the best start she could have? And that I am pitied because I chose not to do the most natural thing in the world? Don't get me wrong, I know breast is best, but I don't need to be pitied, it was my choice to bottle feed, After 7 months of chucking every day and then 16 hrs of labor which was hell, And having to recover from the section, I decided to give my body a break. And weighing in at 11lb 8½oz this week (she is 5 weeks 3 days) I do not believe she is deprived at all! I don't believe fluffy bunnies know what it's like to be pregnant, they sail through it hardly noticing they have a baby til it comes out.

Don't feel bad about the changing bag incident either, I had a similar experience this morning, I went to get DD weighed and used the last nappy in my bag when I got her dressed again, I then went to mums and she did the biggest poop ever and I had no more nappies, so mum had to go out to the shops and buy some while DD had some nappy off time. My mum asked me why I hadn't packed more stuff ( I figured 1 nappy would be enough as I'd only be out for an hour)

Also at the weigh in people were asking if I wanted more kids, I said I hadn't decided yet, as this wasn't a pleasant experience for me, and one woman actually said "oh no, you can't have an only child, the poor thing needs a sibling" URMMM Why exactly? I will be enrolling in mums and baby groups soon and she will go to kindergarten when she's old enough so she will be interacting with other children. IF I decide to have another that will be because I have gotten amnesia and have forgotten what I went thru the last time, and if i don't then she will not want for anything and will be interacting with others so she will not be "lonely". GRRRRRR

Ok thats my rant over too..lol
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum