How do I survive?

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

How do I survive?

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 08, 2004 8:02 pm

I really don't know how I supposed to get through these last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm 36.5 weeks along, and it feels like the end will never come. I lost my regular OB, and my new OB sucks. I've had regular contractions for the last 6 weeks, I've be hospitalized twice in that time, and I throw up four times a day, and she has the nerve to call my case boring. How could she call my misery boring. The HG is getting so bad again that it feels like I'm back in the first trimester. I told the ob that the nausea and vomitting are getting really bad again and she just said, "well why do you think that is?" Whatever happened to doctors having a good bedside manner. She said that this baby was definately not coming out anytime soon, and that she won't induce me until I'm 42 weeks. The though of having to suffer through 5 and half more weeks of this makes me want to just lay down and die. I'm too nauseus to sleep, and I'm in too much pain to walk, stand up or even sit up in bed. I have terrible contractions all the time. I'm so afraid that this baby isn't coming out anytime soon. All I can do anymore is cry or moan from the pain, and it's tearing my husband apart. I feel bad that I'm causing him to be upset but there's nothing I can do about it. And even though I haven't given birth yet, I'm already becoming terrified of becoming pregnant again.

And all of my family just keeps bugging me about when I'm going to have the baby, because they want to play with her. Them getting to play with the baby is the last thing on my mind.

Sorry to complain so much, but there's not many positive thoughts left in my head.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby emily » Oct 08, 2004 9:30 pm

Hi Angela,

I am so sorry that you are in this situation. I do know that there are some natural methods of helping get into labor. I would maybe do some research into that. Evening Primrose Oil comes to mind off hand... but you just never KNOW when you will go into labor. I was dialated to 4 cm for nearly 2 weeks without going into labor. You could go into labor anytime!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby dwtegli » Oct 09, 2004 9:54 pm

Hi Angela,

Honey, I am so sorry you are still suffering. It sounds like you have a witch for an OB. I really hope you have that baby soon. I will be praying for you. Praying for a soon and speedy delivery so that you can feel better and have a beautiful baby to cuddle.

Hugs,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Oct 10, 2004 1:06 am

Angela -

:cry: I hate to hear that you're so miserable and that your new OB is so unsympathetic. Is there any way to get another doctor?...one who will induce you BEFORE 42 weeks?

I wish I could do something to help...you are amazing to go through all of this!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 10, 2004 1:19 am

Thanks everyone,

There's really no way for me to get another OB. I live on a little island and there aren't many options. Besides I'm so tired of messing with a bunch of different doctors, when I was in oahu I saw like 6 different doctors, I'm so tired of telling doctors my medical history. None of them are very understanding either because they haven't seen me through the whole pregnancy. My original ob knows what I went through because she was there and actually saw it. I'd give anything to have my old ob back, but I can't so I guess I just stay miserable until the end. I can't stand this nausea though, at least in the first trimester I wasn't so big and in so much pain.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Oct 10, 2004 8:34 pm

Those last weeks can really stink. I will pray that you have that baby soon. And be sure to beg for induction every single week-maybe at some point it will happen for you.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby heather in italy » Oct 12, 2004 11:15 am

Most doctors are hesitant to induce. I am sorry that plans were changed on you. Have you tried accupressure. There are points that can help you naturally induce labor. Also, if you ask your doctor to inuce again and he says no, maybe ask him to strip your membranes (if this hasn't already been done). It always worked for me when my body was ready but just needed a little nudge. I don't know if this is of any help to you. I hope things go better for you from here on out. Heather
heather in italy

praying for you

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 14, 2004 1:33 am

Oh, Angela.

I'm so sorry. It must be so miserable. Praying for you.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Third Trimester HG