Jumping to this board a little early

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Jumping to this board a little early

Postby teddi » Sep 28, 2004 1:48 pm

Ok, I am cheating because I am 25 weeks and not technically quite 3rd trimester. I am justifying it because with twins fullterm is considered 36 weeks, plus I am so big!!! that my body IS physically well into the later part of pregnancy.

The HG is still here =(. It's not constant though, I do have good days and bad days. I'm grateful there are good days because I hate the bad ones. I still have my PICC line in. I was doing daily fluids- but now I have compromised with my MF dr to doing them "as needed". I still think that doing a bag every night keeps me having the most good days in a row, but he wanted to pull my PICC line weeks ago. Didn't want me "dependent" on the fluids. Hmmm, ok. Of course NOT being sick is what I want too- more than he does that's for sure!

I am struggling to keep a good attitude and spirit. I'm 25 weeks, and I seem to get bigger daily, and I already feel that I can't GET any bigger. And the sad part is I'm not THAT big!! With my son the HG was worse than it is now (partially I think because I didn't have a PICC or get fluids often enough) but one good thing was I carried very small wtih him. It was truly the last 4 weeks where I felt the uncomfortable bigness of pregnancy (and all the joys that brings).

Oh did I mention we just bought a house and are in the process of moving?? I am utterly useless. I can barely do ANY unpacking or cleaning because I'm too exhausted and weak. I have lost muscle mass and tone from the HG. I have my next appt today and I have to ask the Dr about some pain I've been having. I think I either have a muscle strain or separation (my lower left abdominal muscle). I'm not even staying at my new house yet, because I have a 4 year old and a husband who works 6 days a week, 16 hour days. I'm still at my parents home.

I'm ready for the HG to end. I want to feel HUNGRY I want to be able to EAT like I should and gain weight! I'm "supposed" to gain 50 lbs with this pregnancy??? I wish I could! I long to drink as much as I want and keep myself hydrated and eat and gain back the weight I've lost. =(

Sometimes I feel it's just TOO much, HG and the double burden of two babies. I just know these babies will be coming early and I worry they will be too early. I desperately want a vaginal delivery and two babies that are well enough that I can HOLD after they are born, not wisked away and so little they need breathing tubes and the NICU. I don't even trust my body will do what my babies need it to do.

I'm set for an u/s today and hopefully I will have gained a little weight since my last appt. Sorry to whine. But I know that only we who have been there understand these feelings
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Sep 28, 2004 8:05 pm

Dependent on fluids? Now that is a new one. I had to tell my husband that--and he who sees no humor in HG even laughed.

You tell him you ARE dependent on fluids...and if heroin addicts can get methadone to keep them from dying of detox complications then certainly a SICK PREGNANT W/ TWINS MOMMY can get stinking SALINE (or D5LR--don't know which you get). C'mon. Yep--you are dependent--dependent on hydration to keep three people alive. Tell him that if he insists on you pulling the PICC, that you will go "buy saline on the street corner". See where that gets you.

The things that people (even doctors!) think and say. Ugh.

Welcome to the home stretch--you CAN do it!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Third Trimester HG