Hello all . . . almost 31 weeks

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Hello all . . . almost 31 weeks

Postby cthmschler » May 30, 2004 8:59 pm

Hello, thought I'd introduce myself in this new forum. My name is Teresa and I'm almost 31 weeks along in my 4th HG pregnancy. My first time wasn't too bad, everything was pretty much under control after a hospitalization at 12 weeks and use of phenergan and B-6 throughout the rest of the pregnancy (didn't need the phenergan the whole time). The second time was worse, but I wasn't hospitilized, just in 6-8 times for outpatient IVs. Also used phenergan and B-6 (with less result) during this pregnancy. (BTW, we moved during pregnancy #1 and 6 months after #2, so we had different care providers for each of our first 3 pregnancies.) 3rd pregnancy was horrible, was hospitalized after 6-9 (I literally don't remember the exact number) inpatient visits for IVs, lost 17 pounds, was finally admitted to the hospital, had a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line inserted, and was on IV therapy at home for 9 weeks. Was also on oral Zofran, couldn't keep the B-6 down that time. Was off the IV by 25 weeks and able to resume some semblance of a normal life shortly after that. My fourth pregnancy was unplanned, but we were ecstatic, as we made it just past 9 weeks with NO SIGN of HG, but then we miscarried. We then decided NOT to try this again, at least for another 3 years or so, and then to explore our options for adoption before deciding which route to take; so, of course, we found ourselves with our second unplanned pregnancy. this time has been worse than any of the others, the HG started at about 4 weeks, I lost 18 pounds in the next 6 weeks, (started oral Zofran at 7 weeks) and after only two outpatient visits for IVs, was hospitalized, got another PICC line inserted, and have been on IV therapy at home (with Zofran and vitamins through the IV) since then. I also started oral Pepcid AC a month or so ago. This pregnancy has been an awful yo-yo, I keep starting to feel a bit better and then relapsing. Two and a half weeks ago, I thought I was ready to wean down to one liter of IV fluid a day, and actually did it successfully for most of a wek, but then started to get progressively sicker, and even when I went back to two liters a day couldn't keep any fluids down. So here I am, almost 31 weeks, and back on 3 liters, hooked up to the IV pole 20 hours or more a day, and vomitting almost everything I try to drink. At least I'm keeping food down, most of the time, though.
Anyways, sorry this post was so long, just wanted to introduce myself to all of you and share my HG experiences.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Hi Teresa

Postby jenniz » May 31, 2004 10:56 am

:oops:

Hi Teresa,

I'm glad you made it over here. It is so much bigger a forum than what I'm used to.

I'm sorry that you are still so sick...Its so hard being so far along and people react with "You're STILL sick?" I'm in the same boat. I have to go to a family BBQ in about an hour and I am just dreading it. The smells are going to kill me, not to mention all the people and noise...

But, just know that you are not alone. This isn't a pleasant thing, but we'll get through it. Hugs to you!!!
________
Breakup advice dicussion
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby cthmschler » Jun 01, 2004 1:12 pm

Hi Jenni
I agree with you about the forum, I have to admit some days I feel like "Why bother logging on as I don't feel well enough to read (or find, in this new format) all the new posts?" I think I'll try just concentrating on this folder, and forget about the rest, except for the rare days (like today) that I feel well enought to stay at the computer long enough to browse around.
I hope you did alright at the BBQ yesterday. I know that my family knows that I've been well enough sometimes that, after a doctor's appt., my husband will take me out to dinner or maybe to a small store if I feel like I can walk well enough that day, yet I've only made it to one family birthday party since December. It's just that having that many people around and all the talking (and all the motion and noise from the kids) makes me feel exhausted on a good day and sick, sick, sicker, on a normal day. To much sensory input seems to make my head spin and the nausea upsurge violently. Luckily for me, no one has yet accused me of being antisocial or of being negligent in my familial duties :wink:
Pray for me please, though, if you would, as we're attempting to have BabyQ's third birthday party in two weeks at our house. We had to not have a real party for Micah in February (he got a cake and pinata after church at Nana and Pop-Pop's house) and I REALLY want to be able to manage this party. We're trying to keep it simple (cook-out) and as small as possible, but when the sister that lives closest to me has 8 kids, small is strictly a relative term :lol:
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby Linablu » Jun 02, 2004 12:13 pm

I know this may sound heartless, but I'm glad to see someone else still suffering with HG in the 3rd trimester...lol. I'm 28 weeks today without relief. In addition, I run out of Zofran tomorrow, and my husband's insurance has some glitch in it saying that we no longer have insurance, which won't be fixed until the end of next week!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby yellowm3 » Jun 02, 2004 4:58 pm

I feel the same as you Chrissy. This is 33 almost 34 weeks for me and still no relief. I'm on a Zofran pump though they're trying to wean me and my body isn't agreeing with it.

I think I've finally accepted the fact that I could very well have this up until delivery. :cry:
yellowm3

Postby jenniz » Jun 02, 2004 6:43 pm

:oops:

Hi Ladies,

I'll jump onto the "Third trimester, this really sucks" bandwagon! I've been throwing up a lot today, but I actually don't feel too bad today, not sure what that's about!

Teresa, I just did the twins' 4th birthday party and it went off without a hitch! We had about 10 kids there and the rest was family (adults) so it really wasn't bad. I had help with the grill and my mom helped clean up... so it wasn't too bad...it was actually a day that I felt halfway good. You can do it...just don't overdo it! We always pay for that, don't we?!?!

I am trying to convince my doctor that he really should let me have a c-section at 37 weeks. Its not working yet, but regardless, I think I have decided to just have it done at 38 weeks....that means a baby in 2 1/2 weeks, it means 2 1/2 more weeks of torture, but it is better than 4 1/2 weeks of torture. I so want a vbac...and I'm having a very tough struggle with having surgery. I'm very against it, but I just don't know how much more I can do. Icky decision to make...I feel like poop just thinking about it. Hugs to all!!!
________
Motorcycle tires
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Solumedrol?

Postby amylds » Jun 06, 2004 11:35 pm

Have any of you heard of solumedrol or methylprednisilone? I was severely sick with my first pregnancy all the way to delivery at 39 weeks and it was the longest 39 weeks of my life. This second pregnancy I had a nurse suggest solumedrol a steroid blast for 2 weeks. I started it at 21 weeks and by day three was off hydration and zofran (I've had a PICC line since week 8 and even though the IV zofran handled most of my vomiting, I was so nauseated that I wasn't gaining weight or eating or drinking much). Since I hadn't heard about it until then, I was just wondering if you have? It doesn't work this well for everyone, but I have regained a healthy appetite and about 95% of my previous energy levels. It has completely transformed my life. I wasn't able to get off on the original taper but I have been able to switch to oral pills on a really low dose and I'm trying a new taper. I'm looking at getting my PICC line pulled this week!! I'm only 24 weeks pregnant so not quite officially in the forum yet but I just wanted to mention the option. Good luck!!!!!
HG survivor and crazy enough to do it again (and again).
amylds

Chrissy

Postby jenniz » Jun 07, 2004 8:08 am

Hi Chrissy,

Did you get the insurance glitch worked out? Do you have your zofran? How are you doing? Hugs, I hope you're ok!
________
ROOR BONGS
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby Linablu » Jun 07, 2004 9:44 pm

Jenniz:

Yes, the "glitch" was worked out, but only so-so. They only approved 9 more Zofran, and then I'm cut off. To make matters worse, my hubby, who just got a new job when we moved here in May, got laid off TODAY! I am freaking out! We JUST moved here for this job, and I can't work b/c of HG! My stress level is about to shoot through the roof!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Jun 08, 2004 8:55 pm

Chrissy -

I'm so sorry. You just aren't getting a single break during this pregnancy. Can I help at all? My thoughts are with you...let me know how things go.

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Third Trimester HG