Update

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Update

Postby dwtegli » Sep 17, 2004 10:20 am

I had my regular doc's appt yesterday. He did an internal, and I hadn't dilated anymore so he took me off bedrest!!!!!!!! YEAH!! I can now have this kid anyday. He has to wait until after the weekend now though. Every year our city has what is called Folkfest at this time of year. There is a huge fair downtown with about 6 blocks worth of craft booths and about 4 blocks of food booths. I haven't missed it since I moved back home. I thought about going since I am now released from bed, but I decided that maybe it would be better to just skip it. With the reception tomorrow, I think I need ot save what little strength I have. Also, I made my hubby take us out to eat last night and I was awfully sore overnight. I don't know if that had to do with walking around or not, but I think so.

Anyway, the doc said he wants me to make it until 37 weeks and at that time, he will ask me if I can possible make it to 38 weeks, but if I can't he will consider inducing. That is what he did with my last one who was scheduled to be induced at exactly 37 weeks. However, she decided to come on her own on that day anyways. 37 weeks is September 27 so I have a deadline at least.

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Angela, I hope you are surviving your bedrest. How are you feeling?
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 18, 2004 11:30 am

Congratulations! See you made it al the ay through AGAIN! If I had this with my first I really do not know if I would sign up again... You guys amaze me that have that much strength and will! Well the 27th wilbe here very very soon! Let us know how your labor goes! I too know that the 2nd trimester wil be over before I know it!

Glad to see you are able to get moving before you have the new addition!

Good Luck and keep us posted!
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Sep 18, 2004 9:54 pm

Wendy -

I'm glad to hear that you're off bedrest and that everything is okay with you and your baby!

Keep us posted...I can't wait to hear about the birth of your little one (when it's the right time)!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby caleighbelle47 » Sep 18, 2004 10:36 pm

It's great that you're off bedrest. Right now I'm just stuck in a wheelchair. I stay in bed as much as possilbe, and if I go anywhere I take my chair. I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore, I'm SO miserable. I'm in terrible pain all the time, and I really want to go home. Right now we are constantly moving between hotels, and everywhere else. I actually stayed a night at my in-laws house, that was terrible.

You so luckily to have a date. I'd give anything to know I'd have my baby by a certain day, and a close day at that.

Good luck.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Sep 23, 2004 7:48 am

I am really having a pretty rough time. Last night we went in to L&D with extremely hard pains that were 2-5 minutes apart. Last time I was at the docs, I was dilated to 2 when we got to L&D I was between 3 & 4 but the baby's head was still bouncing away from the cervix when the nurse pushed on it. They sent me home even though in the two hours we were there I did dilate and efface more. They said they couldn't break my water because if they did their is a chance that the cord will slip in between his head and the cervix. I go to see my doc in 1 hour and he said last night that if their is any change in my cervix from last night to today, I will have the baby today. That is wonderful news, except that the pains stopped after we got home so I don't know what will happen now. I am having pains right now, although they aren't as strong or as close together. Hopefully they will increase in intensity in the next hour. I can only hope. My doc wants me to make it a few more days. HE would really like me to make it until Monday but I can't imagine going through this until then. I just don't know if I can handle it. Okay, I know I oculd handle it, I just don't want to.

I AM SICK OF BEING PREGNANT. Everybody please play for a baby for me today. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to Third Trimester HG