Jaelyn Elise is here!

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Jaelyn Elise is here!

Postby Linablu » Aug 19, 2004 5:56 pm

Sorry to have taken so long to post, but I'm going through hell right now. I went in for my induction exactly a week ago (8/12/04), and after 9 hours of labor, I did not progress past 2 cm. I passed out from the epidural (my blood pressure dropped to 60/30) and they had to revive me. Doctor then decided it was time for "Plan B" : the dreaded C-section. So, I had the C-section an hour later, and the epidural they gave me for the C-section was so strong, it paralyzed me from the stomach on down. I couldn't move my legs or feet or cough or vomit. When they went to move me from the operating table back to the gurney, they almost dropped me b/c they didn't realize I couldn't move my legs or torso.

Jaelyn Elise was born at 5:30 pm on Thursday, August 12th. She weighed 7 lbs, 6 oz. and was 19 1/4 in. long. She is the tiniest thing, I swear. She is beautiful, and is really a good baby, but her mommy isn't so lucky. Unfortunately, I am having severe PPD again, but luckily, I have alot of help from family. Also, my blood pressure is dangerously high, as well as my pulse. I went to the ER on Monday (after coming home Sunday), and they ran a ton of tests. All they found was fluid on my lungs from overloading me with IVs in the hospital. They gave me lasix, which drained 8 pounds of fluid off of me, but it has not changed my symptoms at all. My OB brushed off the BP, but I talked to my daughter's pediatrician today at her 1 wk appointment, and he said that should NOT be ignored. So, I made another appointment with my OB for tomorrow, and I know he'll be a total jerk, but if he doesn't do anything about my blood pressure, I'll go to an internest.

Anyway, my HG IS gone, but I have a whole new batch of problems now. I wish I had better news, but at least my baby is here and perfectly healthy.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby Kschwintz » Aug 19, 2004 11:33 pm

Congratulations on your new little baby.

I AM VERY CONCERNED that your doctor is not taking your bp seriously. Preeclampsia CAN and does occur postpartum!!!!! Go to the ER if you have to. I almost had a stroke the week after I delivered. PLEASE do not wait. Most deaths that occur from preeclampsia occur during the postpartum period because women are not informed.

Having said that, I, too had the same epidural experience and had to be revived twice. Sorry you had a traumatic experience.

Take care
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby stephensmam » Aug 20, 2004 6:09 am

congratulations chrissey , im so sorry that everything else has happened to you, im still here and my ob wont induce now so im distraught , plese go to the er anout your bp and like everything else you will get through this honey.
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby Traci in Japan » Aug 20, 2004 8:28 am

Welcome to Jaelyn and congratulations Chrissy. Lovely to hear of the new baby and to know she is healthy. I hope you are feeling better soon and enjoying your new family.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby dwtegli » Aug 20, 2004 10:25 am

Congratulations on your little miracle. Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy her to the fullest.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Congratulations, Chrissy!

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 21, 2004 10:30 pm

Congratulations on a safe arrival for your precious daughter. :D :D :D

Really wish things were better for you phyically...how did the doctor's appointment go? Is your bp under control yet? Are you being treated for Postpartum Depression? Been that road myself, so I totally sympathize. Nothing like leaving hg, having not relief because of hideous delivery, and moving right on to the fun of a postpartum mood disorder. If you haven't found sufficient support or a place to vent, though I know you could here, www.postpartum.net has forums too. You can talk meds, etc. with other women facing ppmds. I'm there some myself, so look for a friendly face if you need, well, friendly user name, SuzanneInMichigan.

Take care and again, CONGRATULATIONS!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Natalie » Aug 22, 2004 10:53 am

Congratulations :D

I can't believe all the posts I read about your terrible pg and how bad you got and at last, HG is finally over with.

I so hope you begin to feel better soon and can begin to enjoy having your precious dd.

Hugs to you

Natalie xx

P.S. Maybe we should have the HG Olympics and give out medals - I think all HG survivors deserve a big, fat GOLD!!
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Chedasha » Aug 23, 2004 12:59 am

Geez you really are getting more than you fair share.

Congrats on the arrival of your baby!!!

I hope that someone takes control of your medical problems and fixes them promptly.

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby Linablu » Aug 23, 2004 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for all of your well-wishes and kind words. Yes, I DID go to the ER last Monday (in fact, spent the entire day there). They did a million tests and thought I had a blood clot in my lungs. I had a CT scan of my lungs, and thank GOD (I truly DO thank him!!!) it was negative for a clot, but I did have fluid in my lungs. They gave me lasix, and it took off 8 pounds of fluid, but my symptoms haven't changed. I made another appointment with my OB yesterday, and he still isn't concerned with my BP. I am going to wait until I am 6 weeks post-partum, and if things haven't improved, I am going to an internist. This high BP really scares me, and now I'm even more concerned hearing about post-partum eclampsia!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Aug 24, 2004 4:45 pm

Chrissy -

Congratulations on your little girl! I'm so thrilled that she's here and healthy. (Sorry this is late...I've been gone for a week)

Hope your health improves soon. Keep us posted!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Third Trimester HG