New to HER

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

New to HER

Postby stella77 » Aug 18, 2004 4:46 pm

I have been looking for a website like this since the begining of my pregnancy and finally found this web in my 37 weeks of of my PG. This site is extremly helpful to me. Finally, I've realized I wasn't crazy or alone of experiencing HE. This is my first pregnancy and I've been miserable since 5 weeeks into this PG. I have been hospitilized 9 times for dehydration and threatened preterm labor. I have been on Reglan pump, which gave me muscle twitching, zofran pump, vit B6 which did not do a thing, and finaly on lactated ringer and phernegan IV at home which is barely doing its job, i'm also on protonix for upper GI bleed. I lost 20lbs the first month of my pregnancy and i have only gain 5lbs back. My pre-pregnant weight was 146 and I weigh 131 now. Thank God my baby is fine and weighs 6lbs. My OB told me he will induce me at 36 weeks if i;m still throwing up only to find out he was lying, he is told me he will induce me at 39 weeks. I begged him to even consider next week but he refused. I don't think I can wait another more day.
stella77

hi Stella

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 21, 2004 6:50 pm

Stella,

I'm so glad you found HER and these forums. There is a lot of knowledge in the brains of the women who frequent the site, so you will definitely find information. But most of all, you will find women who understand and won't just say stupid things like, "ya, I threw up once, too." My favorite line from my first hg pg is from a nurse, who upon observing my dehydrated and peeling (PEELING) lips, suggested, "you need to get a really good chapstick." I've posted this repeatedly because it has become so amusing to me almost 6 years later. :wink:

I'm sorry you have to remain pregnant longer and have to endure the hg still, but it sounds like baby is the priority for the doctor and that your doctor thinks you will be okay if you go on with the pg....am I right? Remember praying for an early delivery with Christopher and saying, repeatedly to my gigantic belly (I got HUGE, beyond HUGE, 207 and I'm only 5'6"), "Get out. You have lungs. You are viable. Get out. Time is up. GET OUT!"

Can't really say how I reached 207...with 40+ pounds gained in the 5 and 6 months, argh, but I did, and I delivered a very healthy, screaming boy who weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs 14 oz. (HG is so bizarre...I got huge on popsicles, then when I could eat in the third trimester, as long as I continued meds, I gained almost nothing...)

Hope you are doing well today. Email me if you need to talk immediately, or near to immediately...I'm online a lot preparing for school to start or just obsessing over email...doing a lot of obsessing since my little one left me in May. RememberingHope@hotmail.com

Best,
Suzanne
Last edited by IslandDreamer on Aug 21, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby BlueEeyore » Aug 21, 2004 8:01 pm

I totally understand your wanting to be induced this early. But, it is probably much better that you aren't. The last thing you need after months of hyperemesis is the possibility of spending weeks in a NICU with your premature baby. Hang in there.
Survivor of 18 months of HG - through 2 long pregnancies.
BlueEeyore
Been There Done That

Postby Chedasha » Aug 23, 2004 1:03 am

You poor thing and who can blame you.

My sister is at her end of mental tether with this whole thing. She has been feeling sickly again lately and the night time vomit your guts out has gotten too much. She is screaming for an end. Her baby is currently breech at 36 weeks. I told her to tell the doctor 37 weeks and not a minute more. Though I think hes a 39 week if Breech kind of guy.

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Return to Third Trimester HG