Terrified of vomiting!!

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Terrified of vomiting!!

Postby dwtegli » Aug 18, 2004 11:03 am

Hi all,

I know most of you are still sick and I feel for you all. I have been doing pretty well since about 20 weeks. I have had ups and downs with the nausea and a few other problems, but I have not been vomiting at all! MAJOR accomplishment. With my other two I was vomiting at a minimum of twice daily until delivery. Even though this pregnancy has been worse than both of those, the vomiting has been better.

My problem now is, I have a pretty bad cold that is causing me to cough quite a bit. I am TERRIFIED to cough to hard. I am afraid I will start vomiting. It is the wierdest thing, I have always preferred vomiting because it usually makes me feel better afterwards. Now I am terrified that if I start I won't be able to stop. It is not just with the coughing. Every time I feel sick, I sit and pray that I don't have to throw up. I have never been scared to throw up. I hate it but I would rather do it than feel miserable. Now I seem to prefer being miserable. I just don't want to start vomiting and not be able to stop. I guess this must be somekind of psychological thing that the HG is causing.

Well, thanks for listening, hugs to you all and I hope everyone has a vomit free day!!
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Aug 18, 2004 11:39 am

Once I was past the vomitting stage--about 17/18 weeks for me--I was also terrifed of "going back there". For me, it led to me being petrified to try any new foods beyond the 6-8 things that I hadn't barfed up. I was afraid of being too tired and getting sick, being in the car too long and getting sick.,..the list goes on but I am sure you get the idea. I felt much how you do now. I did have some phobia/panic stuff along with depression while PG, so I chalk it up to that.

I hope your cold eases soon--nothing like a mundane cold to bring HG back into play.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby leah44 » Aug 22, 2004 6:49 pm

Hi Natalie,

I am on my second HG pg & the vomiting has subsided both times at about 18 weeks. With my first pg though, I continued to throw up about once a day. The weird thing was that I didn't feel nauseas all day -- just moments before throwing up. Then I'd feel fine after throwing up. It was so unlike the first 18 weeks.

This time, I have only thrown up a handful of times since being 20 weeks (I am 25 weeks now). A couple times on an airplane and a few times here & there. It never started the HG cycle again.

I hope this helps. Hope you feel better.

Leah
(Derek born 4/22/02, another boy due 12/6/04)
leah44

Return to Third Trimester HG