Finally third trimester, but getting worse

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Finally third trimester, but getting worse

Postby caleighbelle47 » Aug 04, 2004 7:14 pm

So I've finally made it to the third trimester. I never thought I'd get here. I was so excited to be in my third trimester, but it seems that I just get more sick everyday. The nausea seems to be a little worse everyday, and now the vomiting is coming back. Plus I've got back pain so severe I can hardly get out of bed.

I've been taking phenergan, but I honestly don't know if it's doing any good anymore. My doctor doesn't really seem to care anymore. I think she figures that she can't do anything, so it's not really her problem. And I guess my family doesn't think it's bad because this pregnancy is almost over.

I know I'm nearing the end, but I don't know how I'm going to survive these last three months. It seems like forever. I really hope I deliver at 36 weeks.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

you made it

Postby IslandDreamer » Sep 03, 2004 8:49 pm

Hi,

Glad to see you in this board. YOU MADE IT.

The phenagren stopped working for me...well, actually, at 11 and 12 weeks, while I waited to deliver (yes, much too soon... :( ) I started cramping from the phen supps. Miserable isn't the word.

Have you tried anything else? Zofran? Steroids? Others? Maybe a change is needed. Also, is your doctor concerned or checking for other complications that could cause increase nausea?

Not long now...you're 35 weeks today, or near there? Yeah!!!!!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby MamaLily » Sep 04, 2004 9:36 am

Angela -

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I think it's common for HG symptoms to increase at the end of pregnancy, but knowing that doesn't help YOU to feel better.

Please ask your doctor about other options of medications. Or, if that doesn't help, you could try some over-the-counter meds like unisom or meclizine. I think it's worth trying any of these to get some relief!

Do you feel like you might be dehydrated? Maybe going in for some fluids would make you feel a little better.

I'll be thinking about you. I know it may not give much hope to say, "You're almost there!" when you feel like delivery is sooooo far away. I know you can make it, though. And then you will have your beautiful BABY! And it will all be worth it once you hold that little one!

I'll be thinking and praying for you...

- Anna
Last edited by MamaLily on Sep 04, 2004 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby dwtegli » Sep 04, 2004 10:21 am

I know how you feel. I am 34 weeks on Monday and this week in the afternoons I have been having flashbacks to HG hell. I start getting nauseas and have to lie down and take a Zofran until I can function again. This crap never came back in my first two pregnancies. Of course, I didn't have contractions from week 31 on with the other two either. THese last few weeks are going to be a nightmare at this rate. I agree with the wanting to deliver at 36 weeks. I would love that.

Hope you feel better soon,

My thoughs are with you,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Some helpful tools to consider

Postby marimitchell » Sep 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Dear Angela,

I have so much compassion for you! I too am in my 3rd trimester and dispite all the hopes and efforts, the HG continues. The phenergan was marginally helpful for me even when I much sicker in my first trimester.
I know everyone is different, but what has really helped me is a combo of Zofran, Protonix for acid reflux, which intensifys the nausea, and daily IV fluids. I have a home health agency monitor the fluids and am able to infuse through a picc line 2 liters a day. It has been a life saver! I hope you find something to help you through the rest of your pregnancy.
Blessings,
Mariah
marimitchell

Postby dwtegli » Oct 03, 2004 10:53 am

Hi Angela,

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I hope you are feeling better. At least it is getting closer. Do you know when they will finally let you have the baby? I can't remember if I asked that before or not.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Oct 03, 2004 10:54 am

Hi Angela,

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I hope you are feeling better. At least it is getting closer. Do you know when they will finally let you have the baby? I can't remember if I asked that before or not.
Wendy,
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 03, 2004 3:43 pm

I'm still pregnant and feeling rather miserable. I went into labor again last tuesday, and my cervix started to dialate a little more, and the stupid OB stopped it. I was so mad. She just wanted to try one last time to keep the baby in and it worked. It didn't stop the contractions, it actually made them hurt ten time more, but they stopped my cervix from dialating any more. So I spent the whole night having terrible contractions every 2-3 minutes. Luckily they let me come home on Wednesday. My contractions are all the time now, and they all hurt so bad. I can't stand taking the tylenol with codeine because it makes me so SICK. I'm starting to get so depressed. It's all starting to wear out my husband too, which just makes it worse for me. Plus I just found out we have to move in two weeks. My entire body hurts so bad, I can't wait for this to be over. I'll be 36 weeks on tuesday, so I'm ready for her to come out anytime now. My due date is in a month, so it makes it a lot easier to know that the end really is near.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Oct 04, 2004 9:41 am

Darn, I was hoping you were farther along. I can definitely sympathize with being pissed at the docs. With my first, we were in and out of the hospital for preterm labor and towards the end when they would stop it, I would just sob in frustration because I just wanted it to be over. I felt the same way when they sent me home before I had Colton. I got lucky though, he was born the next day. Do you know at what point they will stop trying to keep her in? My docs cutoff was 36 weeks. If that is the case tomorrow is your cutoff. He also would have induced at 37 weeks if we had made it that far. Here's hoping you will feel better.

I also understand about the contractions. Them suckers HURT. Especially if you can't stand to take anything to help the pain.

I hope you get to have your little one soon. Keep us posted, I am praying for you.
Wendy,
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to Third Trimester HG