U/S: biophysical profile today

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

U/S: biophysical profile today

Postby Linablu » Jul 26, 2004 10:51 pm

I had my first u/s with my new OB since I moved here today. He did a biophysical profile where they look at EVERYTHING. I am 35 1/2 weeks, and listen to THIS:

The ultrasonographer found that while I am at 35 1/2 weeks, my baby is measuring at 41 weeks! She is already 8 lbs, 9 oz! Her head circumference measures at 42 weeks, 6 days! I nearly fell off the table! Everything looked GREAT on her, and I just KNEW that after seeing those measurements, my uncompassionate OB would agree to induce early. My son was 7 lbs, 1 oz and had to be taken out with forceps with a 3rd degree episiotomy! How on EARTH am I supposed to deliver this one?

Well, I had an OB appt. immediately after the u/s, and the ultrasonographer sent me up with a detailed report. When the jerk walked into the exam room, I said, "So, doc, what are we going to do about this huge baby?" His reply, "There's nothing I CAN do." This is a gestational diabetic baby, and they develop too slowly, even though they are large." He got VERY pissy with me and said that IF the baby descends into the pelvis, and I dialate at 38 weeks, he will consider inducing. Otherwise, I will go full term and have to have a C-section, which terrifies me to death! I know many have had C-sections, but I am obese, and that puts me at risk for blood clots, which my mother died of at the age of 25. I am soooo terrified now, in addition to still being sick. I just feel my OB doesn't care a BIT! I am afraid this baby is going to get WAY to large, and it will be the death of ME.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby stephensmam » Aug 05, 2004 1:30 pm

oh chrissey, im so sorry im the same with my ob he says he will induce at 39 weeks if baby is ready im terrified ill be left till 42 weeks ill shoot myself if that happns i cnat take much more than this, if they have to do a section anyway whats the poing in leaving you why not do it at 38 weeks dosent make sence to leave it any longer could you and dh not bully your ob into doing it sooner,

im so sorry that this is happening to you
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG