Baby Gabriel is here!

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Baby Gabriel is here!

Postby cthmschler » Jul 25, 2004 10:12 pm

I'm posting this here, and copying it into the updates folder, wasn't sure where more would see it.

Well, HG is over, for me :D YEAH! Gabriel Ryan Carr arrived Thursday, July 22nd at 2:57 in the morning. That's his picture on the left. he weighed in at 7 lbs, 1 ounce, and is 19 inches long. The delivery didn't go badly at all. They tried inducing Wednesday, and although I had strong contractions 2 minutes apart or closer from 11:00 in the morning, I hadn't progressed at ALL (1.5cm :( ) by 8:00 at night, so they turned the drugs off, gave me Phenergan (for the nausea) and Morphine and Ambien to help me sleep. Well, the drugs took a while to kick in, and I got one whole hour's sleep before the contractions woke me up again. Well, since they were no stronger than the ones I'd had all day, I didn't wake my husband up or call a nurse until about 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning, when my fifth bout of vomitting was loud enough to wake Ryan up :? So, the nurse came in and checked me and I was 7 cm! WOOHOO! I was quite surprised, as I'd just asked for an epidural to help me sleep since, of course, I'd be in labor the whole next day (which turned out NOT to be the case, of course :P ) So, I didn't have the epidural, my midwife came in and, when she left the room for about 3 minutes, a "travelling" nurse who was on her last night in L&D told me I should try to push and then she barely made it to the end of the bed in time to catch Gabriel! None of the others came out anywhere near that fast. I don't even know if I pushed more than 3 times :o So, he's here, he's fine, we're home, and the only thing I'm unhappy about is that I didn't (so far) have any resurgence of energy or strength as so many have reported as soon as they gave birth. Ah well, we're settling in and I suppose that my strength will build back up eventually.
Last edited by cthmschler on Aug 02, 2004 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby Linablu » Jul 25, 2004 10:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so lucky to be HG free and to have such an adorable little angel! I hope your energy returns soon.

Am I the only one still pregnant here from our little 3rd trimester group? lol
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby Chedasha » Jul 26, 2004 7:40 am

wow congrats he is gorgeous and Gabriel is a great name!!

glad its all over for you!

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby dwtegli » Jul 26, 2004 10:53 am

Congrats!!

He is adorable, and I love the name.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » Jul 26, 2004 1:01 pm

Ah, bless! What a cutie. Big congratulations to you. I have to agree with all the others - a fab. name.
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby stephensmam » Jul 26, 2004 3:28 pm

congratulations, im so glad that its all over for you and yes chrissey im still here.
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby MamaLily » Jul 26, 2004 10:22 pm

:lol: Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that HG is over for you...I hope you feel well again soon! What a cute baby!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby cthmschler » Jul 28, 2004 12:41 pm

Thank you all so much! It's really funny that so many of you mentioned how wonderful you thought his name was, because this was the ONE time we STILL didn't have a name picked out for sure when we went to the hospital. I was voting for Gabriel Ryan, my husband was pulling for Elijah (we'd have called him Eli for short) and we still had 2 lists of other names under consideration! (I think Gabriel was the only name on both of our lists). One of my objections to Elijah was that if we named him that, we'd have a Micah, a Noah, an Elijah, and a Quentin :wink: So, we had a short conversaton a little while after we had him, where Ryan said that he was okay with Gabriel Ryan, but I didn't think we had decided for sure until I called later in the morning to talk to my (bigger) boys and my sister told my second son to ask me what his baby brother's name was :lol: I asked Ryan and he said he was sure about Gabriel Ryan, and my reaction was like "What, we've waited this long to decide and now you don't want to wait a few more hours and decide which he LOOKS more like?" Ah well, he's named and eveyone (including Ryan) seems happy with it, thank the Lord!
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 28, 2004 5:58 pm

What a beautiful little boy! He looks so alert and ready greet the world. I'm sure you're enjoying him immensely. Congratulations!

Rebecca

BTW- Gabriel really fits your cutie. I really like the name Elijah...I might have to keep it in mind for a boy :)
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby cthmschler » Jul 28, 2004 6:10 pm

You know, I don't know what I was expecting to feel this time after the birth. I guess I wasn't too excited about Gabe's arrival, as bad as that sounds. I don't know if it was because I knew this would be my fourth boy (with no hopes for having a girl naturally anymore), because we didn't plan this pregnancy, or just because I was SO sick the whole way through this pregnancy. Whyever, I expected to love him and take care of him, but I in no way expected this euphoric feeling of being IN love with him. I could sit and hold him and/or look at him all day, it seems.
Teresa
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Return to Third Trimester HG