Breast Pain... what's up?

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Breast Pain... what's up?

Postby Linablu » Jul 20, 2004 11:45 am

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow, and except for a short time in the 1st trimester, I really haven't had any breast pain. Then, literally overnight and IN the night last night, my left breast started KILLING me, radiating up my neck and down my arm. I also started leaking quite a bit out of both breasts yesterday. It felt like I needed to breastfeed to relieve the pain, but sorry... no baby to breastfeed!

Has anyone else experienced this? Why is this happening? Is it allowable to pump before giving birth and freeze the milk?
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Chrissy

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 20, 2004 12:08 pm

Hi Chrissy,

I didn't breastfeed, so I can't say much there. But since I didn't and still got my milk, I know something about pain. I found frozen bags of peas the best solution; bags of corn and broc have painful edges :lol:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 20, 2004 11:21 pm

Is it only your left breast and left side? I would put in a call to your ob, just because of the PIH.. Radiating pain in the right side, shoulderblade, under your right breast is a sign of preeclampsia and should be evaluated immediately. I know I'm a bit zealous about the preeclampsia, but I have seen far too many tragedies to keep my mouth shut :wink:

Take care
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG