My 34week update...

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

My 34week update...

Postby Linablu » Jul 14, 2004 4:19 pm

Well, I'm 34 weeks today, and pregnancy still sucks! I am now on bedrest for hypertension (not pre-eclampsia, just PIH). What stinks is I was already basically on self-imposed bedrest due to HG, so I don't know how this is going to help lower my BP.

Thanks to whoever posted it and to my OB's nurse to listened to my request (I've mentioned to my OB a couple of times but he just ignores me, but he was on vacation this week.) she called in Prevacid for my severe reflux which I couldn't tame with anything OTC. So far, for the past 3 days, it has been a MIRACLE!

I am still horribly nauseas, weak, and depression is escalating. I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and now pregnancy induced hypertension. Every day between like 4 and 7 pm, I start bawling, begging God to get this baby out NOW! I can't help it... it just gets to me really bad at that time of the day. I almost wish for pre-eclampsia b/c the only cure for that is delivery, and they would most likely have to get the baby out at that point. But then again, pre-eclampsia is a very scary thing, I imagine.

Another complaint I have (and have had throughout this 3rd trimester) is I am insatiably thirsty and hot! No matter what I do, I can't quench my thirst or get cool enough. I just want to live in an ice-cold pool for these last 6 weeks.

Anyway, that's my update at 34 weeks. PLEASE no one tell me, "But you don't have long to go," because right now, from where I'm sitting, each minute is an eternity!

Thanks for listening.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby emily » Jul 14, 2004 5:14 pm

Well Chrissy, you do have a ways to go. LOL Sorry to be the one to say THAT! Hang in there though. Well really, what else are you going to do? Let me know if I can send you a card in the mail. You can pm me your address or the address of a friend or neighbor for security. Sometimes, getting cards in the mail, really made me feel better.
emily
Devoted to You

Postby mammaclare » Jul 14, 2004 8:33 pm

I am so sorry it is still so rotten for you. I was due 9-5-03 so I remember how much it sucked to be so hot while nauseous.

Have you considered, or been offered, an anti-depressant? Zoloft has been proven safe in PG. It was recommended to me many times, and I refused it until I delivered (I had a bizarre phobia of a lot of things including meds other than Zofran--I would only drink one brand of water, the list goes on).

Having a high-risk or complicated pregnancy puts you at a higher risk for post-partum depression. Being depressed DURING pregnancy also puts you at a higher risk for PPD. So, with both things on board, as with me (and I didn't have GD or PIH!) it may not be a bad idea.

If you can't stomach the thought of taking something like ZOloft now, then definately consider it after delivery. The way my peri convinced me was to ask if I wanted my memory of my first weeks as a mommy to be sad or anxious, as I would always recall my PG, or if I wanted insurance that I could look back on those weeks as happy.

Honestly, I would take the Zoloft while PG if I ever do it again.

HuGs to you--6 weeks is not a short time on anyone's calendar and even longer on the HG clock. The best thing I can say is that you WILL make it....you have no other option! Watch lots of bad TV movies and laugh at the dumb acting.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 15, 2004 8:31 am

I am so sorry you are dealing with PIH now, too. I know, first hand, how robbed you feel added more complications.

You will probably deliver at least a little bit early. The average time between a diagnosis of PIH to delivery is about 3-4 weeks.

Are you now visiting your doctor every couple of days? I know I'm the PIH/preeclampsia nazi, but my PIH turned for the worse in a matter of 3 days. Take care of yourself, and if you have any symptoms, such as floaters in your vision, a headache that won't go away, upper right quadrant pain or pitted edema, RUN don't walk to your L&D...

You can also check out the forums at www.preeclampsia.org It is amazing how many women have HG and PIH/preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome.

Big Hugs
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby Linablu » Jul 15, 2004 11:58 am

Clare:

Thanks for your advice, and believe me, I WELL know about PPD! I suffered horribly after my 1st HG pregnancy! I didn't take any antidepressants with that pregnancy b/c my OB told me not to. However, I have since learned most are ok, and I have been on Effexor the entire pregnancy. Even so, the depression is setting in. I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist for next week, knowing the probability that I will have PPD again and wanting to be established with a psych doc, so I can get the help I need before it gets out of hand like last time.

Kim:

Thanks for the lookout for pre-eclampsia. My doc has actually been out of town this week, so all the diagnosing is being done by his nurse in the mean time. I am just supposed to take it easy and record BPs and return to the OB next Wednesday. This OB is already bound and determined to keep this baby inside me for as long as possible b/c of gestational diabetes. He thinks they develop more slowly, despite their deceiving large weights. I'm ready to take my chances and get her out like NOW! LOL

Thanks to everyone for their time and listening.
Chrissy
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 15, 2004 2:58 pm

Chrissy,

Sounds like your nurse is on top of things. Even though I was bedridden because of HG, being put on bedrest for PIH was awful. My left hip would get a stabbing pain from laying on it all the time.

Good luck and take care!!

Hoping for a short month for you!!
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby stephensmam » Jul 18, 2004 4:04 am

Im so sorry chrissy,

Im feeling very like you only in 32 weeks so im envious, iv been in and out of hops so often just been released again yesterday after another 5 days stay still vomiting and feeling shit, i know how depressing it is to have no lifeim with you on that , im so fed up and in such pain from the spd and the uti i was severly depressed while pg with stephen and after weven now i cant remember much of the first 2 months of his life im so scared that the same thing will happen again like you its just not fair chrissey ,im sorry but you are not alone and i cant even be positive cause im feel the same way iv 8 weeks to go and it fels like ill never get there.
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby Linablu » Jul 18, 2004 10:42 am

Jacqueline:
It really does sound like we're in the same boat! You said you don't remember much of the 1st 2 months of Stephen's life... I don't remember the first 2 months of Jordan's life either! I too am terrified it will happen again.

My insomnia is so out of control now... I never sleep. My feet are itching CONSTANTLY, and nothing works! I pray and plead with God each and every day to let this be the day that my baby is born, but still, no...

At least it is somewhat reassuring to know that I have you out there going through the same thing. Keep me posted!
Chrissy
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jul 19, 2004 12:58 am

Chrissy,

Please hang in there sweetie. I know how awful it is to feel so bad and be 34 weeks. It seems like you are almost done, but really, you have at least 5 weeks left. Every minute counts because time just drags when you are at this point in the pg. Just try to sleep thru it as much as you can. I was so miserable at this point, begging for labor. My son was measuring really big at this point in the pg and I was mad when my doc wouldnt induce. BUT, it really is too early, and as miserable as we all feel, we want the outcome to be a healthy baby that doesnt have to spend time in the NICU. So, please just try to remember that as far away as it seems right now, you will soon be holding a precious little baby and all of this will be a horrible memory. You WILL make it. I know you are feeling like you wont, but you will...................................
Maybe you will deliver at 37 weeks like I did, which means you have 3 miserable weeks left instead of 5. I am sure you wont go 40 weeks!!!!! We will shoot your ob if that happens, lol
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby stephensmam » Jul 19, 2004 2:26 am

Hi chrissey,

I have severe cramps in my legs and feet especialy at night that has me walking the floors all night im so tired but like you cant sleep, iv a dr appt today andy hes not one for sympathy he just laughs evertthing off as part of pg he is of course a man,

hang in there there is nothing more we can do i even seduced my dh last night to see if that would start labour i know im mad but i cant take this anymore, it was not very romntic he was delighted cause its been 7 months since we did it last he could believe his luck but as im sure you realise it wasnt preety all the huffing a nd puffing was from me trying to get into a comfortable position i think he has been put of for life lol.im so desperate ill try anything i know i dont want the baby to come yet but thats the realatly part of me the other more selfish part just wants her out.
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG