Great book

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Great book

Postby cthmschler » Jun 30, 2004 8:16 pm

I just read a book that I heard about on one of the old HG forums, I wanted to reccomend again it in case anyone hadn't heard of it. It's called Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Miserable It was delivered (bought it from Amazon.com) yesterday afternoon, and I read the whole thing last night. I haven't laughed so hard in MONTHS :lol: So, needless to say, If you're at a point where laughing makes you vomit, DON'T READ IT! It was such a relief to have a different point of view than everyone who says "It'll all be worth it in the end" ( :evil: My thoughts : "So you threw up three times a week for two months, WHAT DO YOU KNOW!" :evil: )and " You won't even remember how bad it was when you hold your baby" ( :evil: "Look, I've done this three times before and, TRUST ME, I REMEMBER how bad it was!" :evil: )

Sorry for all the shouting, maybe I should've posted this in the Vent-O-Rama folder :lol:
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby yellowm3 » Jul 07, 2004 7:48 am

I agree. I too read this book but I bought it way back in December when this misery all started. I was so sick back then I gave up on reading the whole thing but I finished about a month ago and the book is hilarious!!!
Janey
DS born Apr '97 absolutely no HG
DD due 07/29/04, born 7/15/04, HG began at 6wks and ended at birth!!
yellowm3

Postby Linablu » Jul 07, 2004 1:21 pm

Thanks for mentioning the book. I looked it up on Amazon.com and ordered it. It should be arriving any day now, and I look forward to reading it, as it sounds like my sentiments EXACTLY! Plus, I'm bored out of my mind, and I need something to do...lol.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Jul 09, 2004 2:17 pm

Teresa -

I've heard about that book and wanted to read it. I've got to get a copy!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to copy your post into Vent-O-Rama. I think others ought to benefit from this book (and your post)!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Third Trimester HG