More than I can bear...

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

More than I can bear...

Postby Linablu » Jun 29, 2004 10:28 pm

I will be 32 weeks tomorrow, and just when I thought I had all I could bear with HG, I now have a severe cold or sinus infection that developed last night. My doctor gave me a handout at my first visit to him when we moved here in May that said I could take any OTC meds that didn't have aspirin, ibuprofen, or alcohol. So, first, I tried off-brand Benedryl cold and sinus... didn't do a THING! Then, I had hubby run to Wal-Mart and get a buffet of cold meds... tried Tylenol Severe Allergy... didn't work... then tried regular Benedryl allergy... nothing... then Tylenol Cold Overnight, Flonase, and Affrin. I FINALLY fell asleep, only to wake up 4 hours later suffering as I had before bed! I have continued to take the Tylenol Cold Overnight every 4 hours, instead of the 6 on the package b/c I just can't take it! Today I was miserable all day... eyes burning, throat burning, sneezing, runny nose that won't quit and then I blew my right ear drum out while blowing my nose, so now the entire right side of my head is in pain. Then mid-day... oh boy... the coughing started. And every time I cough, I have to vomit b/c of the HG! GRRRR! I called my mother, hoping she would come over and take care of me b/c I just couldn't take it anymore, and instead of having the LEAST amount of sympathy and compassion, she told me to go to the store with her to take my mind off of being sick!!! HELLO!!! :evil:

So, I have spent my days and nights praying that the Lord would have mercy on me and take this HG misery away. Instead, I get this horrendous cold/sinus infection on top of it. They say that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can bear, but I honestly feel I have more than I can bear right now. On top of that, I have the added stress of my hubby having been laid off RIGHT when we are trying to get a loan closed on our house so we can move out of my in-laws and into our new house, scheduled to be finished mid-July. Boy, is this a pity party, but I just don't have anywhere else I can vent.

I went to my OB appointment yesterday... my useless OB who is apparently really great for watching out for the baby but could care less about the mothers. He asked, as usual when he first walked in, how I was doing, to which I replied as usual, "I'm still miserable." Then he just goes about his business of listening to the heartbeat. I asked him, "When is the soonest you will consider inducing me, so I can be free from this misery?" He said that because I have gestational diabetes (which is borderline for me anyway, but he insists I have it), that GD babies mature slower, so the VERY earliest would be 38 weeks, and then only if I was "inducible". I asked what that meant, and he said that I would have to already have started dialating at that time for him to consider inducing, otherwise, I'd probably end up with a C-section. I told him that I had to be induced with my son at 41 1/2 weeks, and I wasn't dilated AT ALL even then, and they had to use foreceps to get him out. He also told me that my baby will weigh at least 8 pounds, and that will put me at risk for a C-section. I'm like, "HELLO... so wouldn't that be all the more reason to induce earlier!!!" He makes no freakin' sense!

Ok, I think I should stop. You're all probably tired of hearing me whine, but I am so beyond put out with HG. It is going to kill me. I know I'm headed straight for PPD after this too b/c of how horrible this pregnancy has been.

Thank you to anyone who could stand to listen to my whining. I appreciate the support.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Jun 29, 2004 10:46 pm

I am so sorry that you are feeling so rotten and so OVER this PG. I remember being there myself and I didnt' get a cold in the last trimester...though a low point of my last month was a bladder infection that sent the HG into full drive for a few days.

I know I begged for the earliest induction (my OB said 38.5 weeks) and when the time got close, I decided I could power through to when my body and baby were ready. Now that was only my own personal experience, but I KNOW that you have the strength to make it to the end.

You are so close--sometimes that is the worst of all--being so near the end but it FEELS so far away.

Hugs!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your cold

Postby acorn26 » Jul 01, 2004 6:02 pm

LinaBlu (Chrissy)
Sorry to hear that you caught a horrific cold/flu. And about your DH being laid off. Too !@#$ stressful right now. You have a right to vent all you want.

I remember at 20 weeks I had caught a horrific flu and it sent my HG over the edge. I could no longer bare it. I was beyond miserable. So, I can only imagine what hell you must be feeling.

I don't even want to write something like, hang in there, because those words seem frustrating and annoying right now. Just know that we are all here to support you and listen. We *know* the phyical and emotional discomfort, pain, and downright torture you feel.

Sending a huge hug to you.
Amy
acorn26
Devoted to You

Postby Linablu » Jul 02, 2004 11:44 am

Clare and Amy:

Thank you for listening and being supportive.

Amy:

Thank you also for not giving me the "hang in there" speech...lol. My hubby gives me that constantly, and it drives me nuts! Is it August yet?
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Return to Third Trimester HG