What foods do you miss most?

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

What foods do you miss most?

Postby Beth B » Jul 15, 2005 1:25 pm

I've been fantasizing about food this whole pregnancy - when I was sickest and couldn't eat anything I could almost taste things in my imagination! I still have 9 weeks to go, and I can't help thinking about what foods I've missed the most. I'm sure I won't eat them all right away after Thomas is born, but I have been keeping a lost of the things I really want to eat again. Here are my top 5, in no particular order - anyone else care to share?

pizza
yogurt
orange juice
a chocolate milkshake
Taco Bell (I kept fantasizing about their grilled stuffed burritos...)

I especially will be glad to be able to drink something besides water - I almost welcomed my GTT because I had to drink the orange stuff! :-)

If you've already had your baby, you can still share your list! :-)
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby Armymommy » Jul 15, 2005 11:14 pm

When I was first pregnant and in bed, I would watch the Food Network and just dream of food... I remember there was a special on hot dogs... I can still remember how good that hot dog tasted when I was able to eat it again.... right now I long for a glass of milk... or a bowl of cereal or ice cream.... and a big hug giant size cup of coffee and glass of red wine... mmmmmmmmmmm
Armymommy

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 16, 2005 3:23 pm

ALL of them :lol: . Probably pizza, Italian, coffee are the top of the list for me. And I do keep craving a glass of hearty red wine with a rich cheesy Italian meal...sigh.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Beth B » Jul 17, 2005 8:44 am

Oh, coffee and wine - I remember those! :-) I cut them out in Feb. 2002 while trying to conceive William, and stayed off them until he weaned. That was the end of August last year, and then I had 3 months to enjoy them before I conceived Thomas in December. Someday....
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby bostonmama » Jul 17, 2005 9:52 pm

I was telling my husband today that I was going to keep a running list of all of the foods I'm going to BINGE on after I recover from all this. So with the HG and the GD, I have a huge list of things I cannot eat right now. I should probably make another list of things I never want to see again because I have to force myself to eat them on the GD diet. Ok, so I would love to have a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, a pile of rice, orange and grapefruit juices, fresh crusty white bread, pizza, a hamburger, a roast beef sandwich, pad thai,Indian food, cheesecake and tons and tons of ice cream. Sometimes I feel like I don't remember what normal people eat like.
bostonmama

Postby Marie » Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm

Foodment.....

Anything dairy
Funnel Cake
BBQ
Nachos

I have since completed my list of must haves with the exception of the funnel cake. As thrilled as I am to be HG free, and able to enjoy foods again....I am even more excited about the spitting issue resolving itself.

Take Care,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Jul 18, 2005 4:55 am

With me it was cookies and coffee, the day after I had KimberlyAnn I made DP go and get me some, but when it arrived I didn't really fancy them....LOL But I ate them anyway just because I COULD!! Other things I used to love were sausages and chicken fried rice, but I just couldn't tolerate them at all when pg. I'm back to eating them occasionally now. And I know this isn't food, but I used to love a really cold glass of water, but I couldn't drink water at all in pg as it made me so sick, and even now that I don't feel sick anymore I still can't drink plain water, I think it's psychological, but it still scares me as it had such an effect on me when pg.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to Third Trimester HG