Anyone else getting worse?

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Anyone else getting worse?

Postby cthmschler » Jun 20, 2004 12:20 pm

Hello all
I'm 33+1/2 weeks now, and seem to be going downhill again. The nausea upsurged again at 28 weeks or so, when I stopped being able to keep any fluids down, but I'm not referring to the nausea as much as the other things. I seem to be getting a little weaker every day (less able to handle going up and down the stairs or even able to walk around as much, for instance) and MUCH more exhausted. I have days where it's practically not possible for me to stay awake more than 7-8 hours. And I'm not talking just tired, I will literally fall down if I don't lay down. Passed out for a minute in the bathroom the other day, too, for the first time in months. The dizziness has returned also, big time, but not all day yet, it seems to start a little earlier each evening, this past week. I also seem to be able to handle less food than I could even a couple of weeks ago. At my best, I was up to : fruit in the morning, a snack in mid-afternoon, about 1/3 of a normal dinner (depending on what hubby cooked) and often a snack in the evening. And now I only seem to be able to handle the fruit in the morning and about 1/4 of a normal dinner (and more things are triggering the vomitting again, so more often I'll sit with the family and eat 1/2 a baked potato or something like that than be able to share dinner with them). Anyway, has anyone else experienced this, this late in their pregnancies? Is this "normal" (for HG, that is)? I know that I only have a little over 4 weeks to go (my midwife has promised to induce at 38 weeks if I stay sick), but it seems like I'm sliding back down to where I was at my worse. I had to sit down in the tub last night while hubby washed my hair, because I was both too dizzy to be able to stand up that long and just too weak to do it myself. In my other pregnancies I was much better for my third trimester, so this is uncharted territory for me.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jun 22, 2004 11:20 am

What you are saying is sooooooooooooooooooo familiar. I experienced the same thing. It is not uncommon for the weakness and nausea to increase in the 3rd tri. I was so weak that I could only stay awake about 3 hours at a time....I was miserable. I felt like I would always be that weak. I am 4 wks pp, and I am tierd, but the bone deep weakness is gone. You will survive...you have come so far. Keep hangin in there, and dont worry about sleeping, you need it!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

I don't think there's ever a time when a week seems longer!

Postby amylds » Jul 21, 2004 11:51 pm

Good luck. I hate it when you tell people you have four weeks left (or eight in my case) and they smile and say, "Great, you're almost done!" They really don't understand how long that is for an HG pregnancy! Yes, I've been getting worse since week 28. I'm on solumedrol and I think maybe I'm starting to build a resistance to it or something but I'm back to nausea, zofran, and some throwing up. I'm sleeping 10+ hours a night and waking up tired. It's just such a drain on your body (and your mind) to fight HG for 40 weeks while creating a baby at the same time. I think that's why it gets worse. But even still, I have been so lucky to find solumedrol--it makes a huge difference to be dealing with 3rd trimester problems without a PICC line and with food!

Amy
HG survivor and crazy enough to do it again (and again).
amylds

Return to Third Trimester HG