Can HG get worse again in the third trimester

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Can HG get worse again in the third trimester

Postby hgisrael » Jun 20, 2004 10:37 am

Hi, my name is leah and I am week 26 of my first pregnancy, with hg from week 6. Doctors finally gave me zofran at week 12 and I took it until week 20/21. After that I was just being sick once in the morning, and was celebrating the end of hg. However I have just hit 26 weeek, starting working again, and it feels like the hg is coming back again! It could be because it's getting hot and working full time is tiring me out, but having thought the worst was over I just can't imagine another 3 months of fighting hg aswell as getting bigger, and coping with the heat and work. Has anyone heard of hg coming back with avengeance in the third trimester? Also any words of encouragement to get me through the next few months would really help. thanks P.S. I'm so tempted to start taking zofran again but it's so frowned upon here (israel) and I'm not sure that if I can "cope" without it maybe I should - any comments?
Leah
hgisrael

Postby HGx3 » Jun 20, 2004 11:30 am

YES< TAKE YOUR ZOFRAN!!!!!!!! It is very common for hg to r4eturn in the 3rd tri. Just as you have stated, many women notice the nausea increasing again around weeks 26. The heat and your activity level also play a role in your hg, but there is nothing wrong with still taking your zofran, or whatever other meds work for you. Many of us have been on our meds right up until the moment we deliver.

You will make it, it is tought, I know, but so worth it. You are getting closer with every second that passes. Hang in there!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

thanks for support

Postby hgisrael » Jun 20, 2004 2:05 pm

Thankyou so much for the support. It's just such a downer thinking that it's going to get worse again. I am literally counting the days till' the end of September. It seems ages away! and I know I have the worst of the summer to get through (with no air-conditioning). I feel like all I do is complain but it's so nice to read the comments of people on this site.
Thanks
Leah
hgisrael

Return to Third Trimester HG