Can this end up being permanent?

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Can this end up being permanent?

Postby Linablu » Jun 17, 2004 7:05 pm

Ok, so I've gone through HG before with my son, 5 years ago. However, it wasn't this bad and didn't last this long. Yesterday, I was 30 weeks. I woke up last night in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, and I IMMEDIATELY started vomiting profusely... all the way to bile (sorry for the graphic details). If water can do that to me in the middle of the night at 30 weeks, it makes me wonder if this nausea and vomiting could be permanent. Has anyone experienced this this late into their pregnancy and had it last beyond delivery? I will DIE!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Jun 17, 2004 8:24 pm

I really didn't vomit much in 3rd tri but I was on Zofran until I delivered so I think that had a lot to do with it. I was INCREDIBLY nauseous, and felt very sick, however, until Rory was born.

I was also afraid I would never feel right again--within hours of his birth I was eating TWO breakfasts!

Hang in--you are close!!!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Re: Can this end up being permanent?

Postby HGx3 » Jun 17, 2004 9:08 pm

If water can do that to me in the middle of the night at 30 weeks, it makes me wonder if this nausea and vomiting could be permanent. Has anyone experienced this this late into their pregnancy and had it last beyond delivery? I will DIE![/quote]

Chrissy
it is not uncommon to vomit in the 3rd tri some even report it getting worse around 6 weeks before delivery. I am telling you this so you are not scared....it will end. Even if the nausea lasts beyond delivery, it shouldnt last more than a few days, just long enough for the hormones to get out of your system, I know you are feeling like it wont it, but it is going to, i promise. I had lingering nausea after I delivered, it was gone within a few days, oh, and it was just THIS pg, with my others it went away asap.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Libbee » Jun 17, 2004 11:12 pm

Yep, it ends!!!!!!!

I remember with my first, the morning after she was born, I woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom just as I had done every day for the previous 9 months...and....NOTHING! I stood there laughing and crying! It had become such a routine that I did it without thinking and there I was, standing there without even a hint of nausea! :D
Libbee

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 18, 2004 2:02 am

I was on Zofran til the day I delivered, but the nausea and vomitting went away immediately after. My stomach was a little sensitive for a few days because it had been so used getting such small amounts of the same foods. But that was gone really quick, and I didn't feel anymore nausea.

My dh was convinced it wouldn't go away and that I would have to keep taking zofran. He thought I was just addicted to it and that's why I coudln't stop vomitting whenever I tried to wean off it. I'm glad to say he was 100 percent wrong. :)
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Jun 18, 2004 10:30 am

Yes, it definitely goes away. With both of my daughters I vomited at least a couple of times a day right up until delivery. With my first I even vomited alot during delivery (very easy to push when you are puking). After I had them, immediately, no nausea. My second was born at 10:51 am and I ate a huge lunch and made my husband order pizza for supper. I also made him go to Dairy Queen and get me a blizzard since I couldn't eat dairy products during my pregnancies.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby cthmschler » Jun 18, 2004 2:21 pm

Chrissy:
I also started throwing up again profusely when I drank ANYTHING, about 4 weeks ago (so about 28-29 weeks along) Even now I can only keep down 8-12 ounces of fluid a day, and only if I drink it in sips, throughout the course of the day. And sometimes, I throw it up anyway. But, usually, if I don't drink, I can keep small amounts of my (3 :? ) "safe" foods down. So, you're not alone, if that helps :roll: In my other pregnancies it was over as soon as I delivered, although I vomitted, to different extents, in all three labors. But I wasn't this sick, either, so i'm praying that it will subside quickly after this time. My husband has my order for food to bring me in the hospital if it does! :P
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby Linablu » Jun 18, 2004 2:52 pm

Thank you all so much for your replies! I am so glad to have so many of you trying to reassure me! I guess I am just scared b/c my first HG pregnancy didn't last this long at least not this severely. I just couldn't live like this forever. I appreciate you all sharing your experiences with me. Believe me, it DOES help!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby jenniz » Jun 18, 2004 4:40 pm

:oops:

Hi Chrissy,

With the twins, I was sick until 3 days post partum, and then it suddenly was gone. I vomited and all of a sudden...I was like "ITS GONE! I FEEL BETTER" It was so sweet! I'm hoping this time it goes away a bit quicker, LOL, I'd like to "enjoy" some of my hospital stay, it will be the only break I have for a while! HUGS...YOU WILL get through this...I promise! It does take a while to physically get back into fighting shape, but the nausea & vomiting go away relatively quickly after delivery! HUGS!!!!!
________
Bali recipes
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

what about the weakness and energy level?

Postby acorn26 » Jun 20, 2004 9:07 pm

Hi, all.
Linablue, I can't help feeling worried about the lingering effects as well. For me, I am worried about the energy level and constant exhaustion. I can barely get out of bed most days, and if I do, let's say to sit outside or water the plants, I am zonked. Before pregnancy, I was so healthy and energetic....

I did intense yoga daily, I worked all day, I went out with friends, I had total energy. Now, my life is more like a 95 year old person's life. I am 34!

I am so worried that the energy level won't come back and that I won't be able to take care of my baby.

Amy
acorn26
Devoted to You

Return to Third Trimester HG