PICC Line Broke

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

PICC Line Broke

Postby cthmschler » Jun 13, 2004 5:32 pm

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho off to the ER I go
(again)
Took my toddler out to our new swing set this afternoon, using the "disposable" IV pole the IV company sent as a secondary pole (It's much lighter and therefore easier to move around on the grass). Well, gust off wing knocked the pole over and snapped my line. NOT the extension, NOT the daily-change line, but MY PICC LINE!!! AAAAAAARRGGH
So, we're off for a pleasant night in the ER, to get (another) new one in :roll:
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jun 14, 2004 5:12 pm

My Gosh, I am soooooooooo sorry that happened to you!!!!!! Hope all goes well with the new placement.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby cthmschler » Jun 15, 2004 3:15 pm

Actually it's the second time it's happened :roll: I had my first PICC placed in January, and in March the dog broke it. I was letting her into the house and she tore in and slammed into my IV pole, knocking it almost across the room and snapping my line. So I had my second line placed in March, and my third yesterday. We spent 3 hours in the ER Sunday night, only to get a temp. IV line placed in my hand, and then 2+1/2 hours back at the hospital yesterday to get another new PICC line in. Now my arm is swollen and throbbing, of course, and I'm having a miserable day :cry:
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby jenniz » Jun 15, 2004 9:05 pm

Teresa,

I hope you're recovering from this. My PICC line broke (one of the end pieces) because I was kneeling and accidentally knelt on it and it snapped right off. That was SUCH a pain in the butt! Not that it helps much, but you were in good company, I spent much of yesterday and all of today in either the docs office and then the hospital...and I wasn't even dehydrated this time!!! We're almost there....Hugs!!!
________
Honda Spree
jenniz

Return to Third Trimester HG