Food poll

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Food poll

Postby cthmschler » Jun 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Hello all
Here's how my days have been going lately, food wise: I can manage a little bit of something (usually fruit; strawberries or cherries have been staying down) late in the morning, rarely I can manage a mid-afternoon snack, but then in the early evening I can usually mange some of the components of a normal(ish) dinner, and sometimes a snack a couple of hours later (if I'm not throwing up dinner by then :roll: ). This is all of course, contingent on my not drinking ANYTHING, because right now if I drink more than a swallow twice a day to get my Pepcid down, I throw everything up.
Anyways, the question that occurred to me last night when I was actually HUNGRY and not nauseous at the same time (NOT a combination that happens often) was this:
Is it worse
a: to not be able to eat anything
or
b: to be hungry and not be able to find anything in the house that you think/know will stay down?

I'm leaning toward the second, as, by this point, I'm used to not wanting/not being able to eat. Was wondering what your thoughts were on the subject. . .
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby jenniz » Jun 04, 2004 8:02 pm

:oops:

Hi Teresa,

I have to say that I find it kind of funny that since we can't eat, we talk a lot about food! Just the EVIL irony of it...Your questions are good ones!

What is the worst for me is being hungry (I am hungry a lot...HG for me isn't like the flu...with the flu, you puke then you feel better. With HG, most of the time I puke and I am still feeling crappy) So, I am hungry a lot of the time. At this point...as awful as it is...If I want something, I eat it. We went to Portillos today (its a Chicago thing, for which I appologize to the rest of the world because you are REALLY missing out!) for lunch, because we were out shopping and they had a new kind of salad, it was spinach and strawberry salad (with chicken and blue cheese and lo mein noodles...yummy!) and I was like...I'm eating it! (Ironically enough, my cravings are almost always for healthy foods, either veggies (and I have completely sworn off salads...hurts TOO much coming up! But I made the exception today!) or some serious protein....) but I totally eat what I am hungry for and surprisingly, when I do that, it does usually stay down. I have to report that my yummy salad was not nearly as tasty the second time...BUT...in answer to your question, I think it is definitely worse to be hungry and not find something that you either want or think will stay down. But, when I get in that really awful cycle...I just don't even attempt eating! Hugs!
________
Valentino balboni
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby Linablu » Jun 05, 2004 12:23 pm

Jenniz:

OMG... PORTILLOS! WHOOHOOO! I TOTALLY understand! Vienna dogs, baby! Ok, not that I enjoy them NOW but I have the rest of my life! Sorry, folks, I had to get excited at someone else who appreciates Portillos...lol!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby jenniz » Jun 05, 2004 5:40 pm

LOL..

YES!!! I'm not much for processed meat... hot dogs are normally a big no for me...LOL, but get me a chicago dog (LOL...WHO puts katsup on a hot dog anyways?!?!) and oh yummy!

With my first pregnancy, I was SOOOO much more physically ill (throwing up much more, I have a lot more nausea and decreased throwing up this time around...still not fun) and my mom ordered a Maxwell St. Polish...OMG...it was the first thing I ate after I stopped being ill! Chicago totally has its own food, LOL, Maxwell St. Polish is basically a burnt polish sausage on a french bread bun with mustard and grilled onions. Heavy onions (also heavy on the nitrites...LOL...but that is just more on my issue with processed meats...) but oh, it was so yummy. I haven't had one since...but I did enjoy the salad the first time yesterday!!! Hugs!
________
Genetically Modified Food
jenniz

Return to Third Trimester HG