Hey gals

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Hey gals

Postby ely2452 » Jun 01, 2004 9:28 am

HEY EVERYONE. I JUST WAS ROAMING AROUND TRYING TO FIND INFO ON HG AND FOUND THIS WEBSITE. UMMMM...I AM ABOUT 9 1/2 WEEKS INTO MY VERY FIRST PREGNANCY AND IT TURNS OUT I HAVE HG. IT REALLY SUCKS. I HAVE TO GET HYDRATED OVER AND OVER AND OVER. IT SEEMS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO LAST FOREVER. I WAS JUST HOPING THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE COULD GIVE ME A LITTLE ADVICE ON HOW TO COPE WITH THIS. I JUST WISH THIS WAS OVER WITH. NOTHING I EAT OR DRINK WILL STAY DOWN. I'VE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT, I'M EXHAUSTED, AND I JUST WANT THIS TO STOP. THE DR SAYS THAT I STILL HAVE A WHILE TO GO BUT TO JUST HANG IN...MAN, I WISH THAT HE KNEW HOW THIS FELT. JUST HANG IN THERE HUH??!! WELL, IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES WITH ME I WOULD ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT. THANKS.
ely2452

Postby dwtegli » Jun 01, 2004 10:29 am

:D Welcome, we have all been there. We know how hard it is to "just hang in there". Has your doctor given you any medications? I am 20 weeks along and finally started to feel better about 3 weeks ago. I still am feeling pretty bad, but at least I can function now. They have me on Zofran which seems to work for alot of women, also on B6/Unisom. That is helping with the nausea.

I hope you can find something that will work. Keep in touch here, the women on this site are just wonderful and know an awful lot about HG and their treatments.

Welcome again,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 01, 2004 1:03 pm

Hi, and welcome. Sorry about your introduction to the nasty world of HG--it's never fair. :( But it is survivable, so there's the good news. You're at the hump right now--the toughest spot for many women is 10-14 weeks, and you're in it now. You didn't mention any medications; are you on anything, or have you tried anything? There are so many options out there. I was given limited meds with my first full-term HG, but when that didn't work for my 2nd I went it with just rehydrations and prayers. I cried bitter tears when I found the HuGS site after that 2nd baby was born and realized that there were sooo many things my doctors had never mentioned or tried. Don't give up--keep searching for something that can help alleviate HG for you. You're never going to find anything to completely erase it, but at least it can be more manageable.

I haven't checked to see yet, but I'll just urge you to post info in the 1st Tri. folder if you haven't--you'll get tons of great info about meds and other treatments there. Good luck to you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Bridge » Jun 02, 2004 5:53 pm

I'm also at 11 weeks, and miserable. This is my second pregnancy, and I've gotten a lot better about advocating for myself with my dr. Is your dr offering you any treatment options, other than rehydrating you every 5 days or so, I'm guessing? There are lots of meds that you can try. None will erase hg, but they can make it more manageable. It seems that the sacred med of hg is Zofran, but there are others you can try as well....Reglan, etc. I can honestly say that Zofran has saved this pregnancy for me, I was in the hospital every 4 or 5 days!!
Good luck with this. Make sure your ob is doing everything he/she can to help you through this. I'm here if you need anything. Take care.
Bridget
Mommy to Madeleine 2 1/2 and to baby on the way
Bridge

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 04, 2004 1:32 am

Hi and welcome.

If you are constantly relapsing, there's no way you can hang in there.

Please go to the first trimester forum and post more detail about how often you are in for rehydration, and your experiences. Then type FOODMENT, and if you can stand to, let me know what you're eating, or what you've tried, what has stayed down and not, etc. Don't worry about grossing me out - after three years, it takes a LOT to shock me. ;)

We'll do everything we can to help you work with your Dr. (or find one who will work with you) to balance your HG better.

Have they even recommended you try B6/Unisom to curb the nausea?

Hanging in there is all well and good if you can eat, but if you can't, and this doesn't get under control, you will only become sicker and sicker and it's a risk to you, and the baby. The meds available for HG are used by lots of women in pg who give birth to healthy babies.

How often are you vomiting? How do you feel after you get an IV? Are they even checking to see if you are ketone free before sending you home? Are you able to eat between relapses?!? I can hardly believe their letting you slip back, repeatedly into this pattern. So maddening.

Huge hugs, and see you in the first tri. forum.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to New to the Forums