Hi all, yaya70 here

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Hi all, yaya70 here

Postby *** » May 31, 2004 6:56 pm

Last edited by *** on Oct 13, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 01, 2004 12:46 pm

Nice to meet you, and thanks for the re-introduction. This is a strange situation because we have 2 established boards merging, so half the people know half the people, and vice versa. Never a dull moment.

Congratulations on ttc; do you have other children?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby *** » Jun 01, 2004 6:21 pm

Yes I have a 15 month old little girl. I had severe HG with her that was not treated well. When I got pg again my heart, kidney, and liver went crazy at around 11 weeks and my OB said I should terminate (that was JAN 2004). After I found this site and realized there is treatment for HG I switched OB and have a pre-conception physical in July. Last time they didn't start IV therapy until I was almost in kidney failure and my PICC line until just a few weeks before Cecilya was born). I am going in fully armed with a HG protocol this time. If I need my best friend will be an early PICC line. (Can they place a PICC line somewhere other than in the elbow????)
Thanks
Erika
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 01, 2004 7:00 pm

I hope the next time is much smoother for you! It's amazing what being proactive can do. Yes, there are different options for PICCs. There's picc, midline, and central line. The picc and central line are most common because they can also run TPN and draw blood through them if need be--you can ask about that if the arm placement really bothered you last time. I'm sure someone here has great info on midline and central; I only have experience with a picc.

Good luck with ttc. My baby is 17 months old and just isn't a baby anymore. :roll:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 04, 2004 1:37 am

Erika! Welcome to the new forum! I look forward to watching your ttc progress in the ttc forum. I hope you don't have to wait too long - waiting for HG is hard enough without delaying!

I'm so glad that you've got a protocol in the works. Go ahead and post it in the preparing protocols forum when you've got it going well - there's a few others in there preparing protocols right now, too, and lots of good info I can dig up for you guys. It's one of my favorite parts of the board, so you'll be getting to know me well. :)

I am sorry for your loss.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to New to the Forums