I got Zofran today.

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

I got Zofran today.

Postby Bethers » Sep 14, 2004 3:59 pm

At 7 weeks now I am beginning to feel the HG setting in. It was almost 9 years ago that I experienced this with my son. I would like to know if a lot of you have used Zofran, how safe is it? Did anyone have a bad experience with it? I am trying to research it on the Internet also to find out more about it. I also take Synthroid and Zoloft and I am hoping it is ok with all, I am sure my doctor would not perscribe it if it wasn't ok with my other meds. It's not addicting also is it? I mean if I have to take this my whole pregnancy will I be able to get right off it after the baby? Any and all comments and help are appreciated.

Bethers
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » Sep 14, 2004 5:10 pm

I take Synthroid also and have not had any reaction at all. I also don't think I will have a problem going off the Zofran after my pregnancy. I don't ever "have" to take it. I don't have any experience with the Zoloft though.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby yankee » Sep 14, 2004 7:09 pm

i swear by my zofran... its made a huge difference. dont get me wrong there is still plenty of room for improvement but its helped me a lot. the hardest part was getting it regulated at first. i had to be hospitalized and receive it thru the iv for a few days but now im on pill form, yet i am very careful to always take it on time. even if that means setting my alarm on the weekend.

good luck! if you have any more questions about it or my experiences on it feel free to email or pm me.
yankee

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 17, 2004 1:20 am

I was lucky in that Zofran worked so well for me. It stopped the vomitting and a lot of the nausea. I would have been in really bad shape without the Zofran. Also, I took it my entire pregnancy and I took the last one the morning I went into labor. I never needed one again and I didn't feel sick at all.

If you haven't already, make sure your read the post on Zofran/B6 in the First Trimester folder. It has great info. I really hope the Zofran works for you. It's expensive, but to me, soooooo worth it.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 18, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey, Beth--hope things are going well for you! You got great response on the Zofran, and I hope you're reassured about taking it. The majority of women here at least try it, and www.motherisk.org has all the information you need about its safety in pregnancy. The Motherisk number is 1-800-436-8477. They are GREAT, and I urge everyone to call and get the information they've compiled on NVP.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums