New girl

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

New girl

Postby KimP » Sep 09, 2004 5:36 pm

Hi, I've just found this website whilst searching for more information on hyperemesis on-line.

I am now starting my 14th week of my first pregnancy and have already been hospitalised for IVs twice. I am currently taking Reglan but still feeling nauseous all day and vomiting most days although things are greatly improved from the vomiting 8+ times a day that I was experiencing.

I am English and we have only just arrived in the US so all my friends and family are a long way away and it is just hubbie and I coping on our own with this.

I was just looking for some advice on how you stay positive as I am really starting to feel down and it is difficult on my husband too as he cannot guess how I feel and although he tries to be understanding this is changing our normal habits as I certainly do not feel like eating out a few times a week or going out for long days when I am not sure if there is a restroom nearby!

Any help much appreciated from a new and miserable Brit!
KimP

Postby wannabemom » Sep 09, 2004 10:07 pm

Hi Kim,

I'm so sorry are going through this so far away from home. There are many great woman on here who will help you with understanding. I'm currently TTC but have suffered with HG 3 times before so I know how you feel. I have heard great things about Zofran maybe that could help you feel a little better. Hopefully your Doctor is open to suggestions.
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 10, 2004 6:52 pm

Hi, Kim, and welcome. Sorry to hear you're still battling nausea, but at least Reglan has helped some. With my first full-term HG, we ended up combining Phenergan and Reglan, which worked well and got me through it. Ask your doctor about combining the Reglan with another med; Zofran is the most common choice, but there are many others.

As far as staying positive goes, it's difficult with a first pregnancy. I found that my son's nursery helped me focus on the happy ending when I was sick; I did catalog shopping for some accessories, and that was fun. I had a little baby outfit nearby for those really depressed moods, and I started a birth-announcement cross-stitch to while away the hours when I was past the vomiting stage. Probably the best mood-lifter I found was the HG forum during my last pregnancy. There's nothing like women who are going through it with you to make you feel stronger and less afraid. If you get me your e-mail, I'll be happy to match you up with a volunteer from your area who can brighten your spirits, too.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 10, 2004 8:20 pm

Hi Kim -

welcome to your instant family! You are now part of the club! I have had IV's 5 times and am at 12 weeks. I can only say if I had not found this site I would have already gone mad! You are not alone. We want to hear everything you are going through. Any question you have is a good one. You will find people will be here for you at all times of the day and night! Stay in touch when you have the energy!

DeCole
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Return to New to the Forums