i had a relapse or maybe my body was just plaing a cruel jok

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

i had a relapse or maybe my body was just plaing a cruel jok

Postby janiecw » Sep 08, 2004 3:31 am

i am 12 weeks pg w/my first and this has been the worst experience of my life at this point i NEVER want to get pregnant again. the thing that sucks is for 3 days i thought i was getting better, i was holding down solidsand had a little more energy. then out of no where it came back with a vengence. I cant even hold down water (again) im so weak and shaky and i know ill have to go to the hospital if i cant force myself to hold something down which I can't afford to do because i dont have insurance. ive tried b6, emetrol,ginger, nothing helps i was on zofran for a little bit that worked but i ran out and cant get more w/out going back to the doctor not to mention i really cant afford it.
Has anyone else had this happen to them was i not really better or did i somehow eat the wrong thing that made it come back?
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 08, 2004 5:52 pm

Sounds like a typical HG version of cruel joke. :( We do see this frequently; most likely, you overdid the break in feeling terrible and spiraled back down quickly. Can you avoid it? By conserving energy and taking it very slowly, perhaps. But after weeks of being able to do nothing, I don't know too many of us who are content to sit still when we're having a good day. Push fluids now and try to get back to even ground. Stick with B6/Unisom--even if they're not a magic cure, they will have at least some effect; have you tried meclizine or Dramamine?

The good news is that you're starting to come out of the worst of it. Expect weeks of this pattern of a good day followed by more bad days, but at leazst your body is showing that it's starting to break away from HG's grip. One day you'll realize that you're having more and more good days, and then you'll find that you rarely have bad days. But you have to be careful. No matter how good you're feeling, understand that HG will be right there, waiting, throughout your pregnancy. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums