Came through hysterectomy

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Came through hysterectomy

Postby danimomof2girls » Sep 07, 2004 7:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to thank all of you with your well wishes for my partial hysterectomy. I had it last Wednesday (which explains my absence on the board) and things went quite well.

For those who don't know, I had a condition called Adenomyosis which most probably occured during my last childbirth. I thought that HG was all I would have to medically go through in my short life (I'm 26) but I am home and feeling ok now after the surgery. For any of you who are contemplating a hysterectomy, please feel free to email me dozdych@knology.net . I'll be more than happy to give you details on what to expect. I knew a few who had went through it before me and it really helped to be made aware of what to expect.

Well, I guess this is a sure-fire way to make sure we don't have any more children after my poor husband's vasectomy!!!! (he had it right after our 2nd child's birth due to HG) No chance of surprises here...ha ha.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I'm here if anyone is about to undergo the same surgery!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 07, 2004 8:42 pm

Glad to hear that things went smoothly, Danielle. I hope your recovery is speedy, too! 8)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums