Reintroducing meself.

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Reintroducing meself.

Postby Lil7Deb » Sep 02, 2004 2:35 am

Hey everyone. For thos who don't know me. My name is Deborah. I'm the mommy to 1 baby. I unfortunately wasn't ever diagnoses with HG, since my prenatal care left MUCH to be desired. My DH and I are TTC #2. I'm onboard with it most of the time though sometimes my fears overwhelm me so much It's difficult to say I want another baby.

Pamela I'm ready for whatever info you can hit me with! :) I've been taking my prenatal vitamins, my b-6 (100mg) a day, plus my calcium, and some other herbal things. Just lemme know what else I can do.

I also went out and got a box of Unisom, and I have benedryl on hand. I should be having an appointment with my dr soon just to discuss what they can do. I've already had 1 appt with him just to get to know him that was for our family.

So what ever advice anyone else has lay it on :)

Deb
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 05, 2004 2:03 pm

I am so excited for you! I hope things go smoothly and you're pregnant soon.

OK, ttc. I've always been intrigued by the idea of liver cleansing and detoxing. Milk thistle and an intense regimine is possible, but since you're already trying you could substitute a simple fruit cleansing. I know a few tried it and felt much better afterwards; if nothing else, it gets you good and hydrated for HG! I'll try to find the old posts at HuGS; I know there are a few good links floating around there. Aside from that, a good prenate and 100 mg B6 is a super start. If you're worried about effects of any of the meds, you could test them out now to see if you've got any allergies or sensitivities.

That dr visit is absolutely crucial, especially since military care seems less-than-ideal in regards to proactive treatment of HG. Make sure you go in with a complete run-down of your first pg (prove the HG theory) and a protocol of anticipated treatments. Many doctors will give assurances that they'll treat aggressively and instructions to call right away, but "right away" turns into "first possible opening is in 3 weeks" and "aggressively" turns into "ginger and IVs as needed." We've seen the brush-off from doctors who seemed wonderful pre-pg time and again, so your best bet is to be thoroughly prepared and prepared to make demands. Is there a Plan B in case this doctor doesn't work out? From what we've heard, Japanese culture isn't too kind to HGers, and military supplies of anything beyond basics are iffy. Plan for as many contingencies as possible, and you'll save yourself trouble during the pregnancy.

Once you get that positive test, then kick into action. Unisom and Benedryl and increased B6 are good starting points; I can find you meclizine or Dramamine, too. Are you going to have an antiemetic on hand, or will you wait to see if it's necessary? If MIL was serious about coming to help out, then call her immediately and line that trip up. Be open with people around you and ask for help; I found it best to ask for specific tasks rather than leave it up to them and then have them do nothing because they didn't want to disturb me or didn't know where to start. Taking care of details concerning Kenzie and DH and the house and day-to-day life will make your life much easier, whether you're hit harder by HG this time or not. Start listing--everything you do in a day and a week, everything needed for groceries and supplies and clothing, etc. Then figure out what's necessary and what can be suspended if need be for a few weeks; figure out who you can ask to take care of necessary tasks. And let me know when you need me! I may be many time zones away, but it's just a quick phone call. :wink: Good luck!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums