Introducing myself

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Introducing myself

Postby Caurie » Aug 26, 2004 9:56 am

My name is Caurie and I am the Mommy to Brice - a happy, healthy, beautiful, HG baby (10 months!) I just wanted to say "Hello" I was more of a lurker on the HUGS board and hope to be more active on this board. I would love to be able to provide some support to women in the midst of HG because I truly appreciated the support I received from the HUGS board when I was going through it. I love this new board because even after Brice was born just looking at the HUGS board made me feel sick (the board itself was a trigger since I was on it during the darkest times of my HG) My HG was pretty severe (5 hospitilizations between 4 and 20 weeks) and required medicine until the very end (Anzemat, Unisom, Pepcid, and Prozac) I recently found out I have Osteopenia (pre-cursor to Osteoporosis) and my OB believes the severe HG contributed to this. So, I must start Fosamax therapy and cannot conceive again until I finish 2 years on it (I can't start until Brice is weaned though - which I am in no rush to do!) In a way I am relieved I cannot try to have another baby for at least two more years - I think it will take me at least that long to recover emotionally and physically from the HG and have the strength I will need to face it again. I'll stop rambling now! Just wanted to introduce myself.
HG Survivor and Mommy to:
Brice 11/04/03
Pregnant! #2 due 01/29/07
Caurie

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 27, 2004 1:27 am

Hi, Caurie, and welcome! Your little boy is adorable. :) Sorry to hear about the osteopenia scare--I hope you're able to build back up and regain strength over the coming months. If you'd like to sign on as a volunteer, just send me a quick e-mail and I'll add you to the New York section!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 27, 2004 9:33 am

Hi Caurie!
Welcome to the board. I had 18 months between my two pregnancies and I was so depleted already from the first pregnancy that HG was much more severe on my body the second time around. I definitely advise in at least the 2 years wait to try to get your body strong again. Everything about my body weakened with the first pregnancy. My teeth (which were always strong and healthy - no cavities ever) began to discolor and my gums would bleed and yes, I got my first cavity. I became very anemic and tired all of the time and I had awful post partum depression. I tried to breast feed but couldn't after two weeks because of my depleted condition and loss of weight.

It has been 2 1/2 years since I had our second baby and she is the last. The doctors told me that they cannot imagine what would happen to my body if I were to go through another pregnancy.

Hang in there and know that the time you are waiting to complete your Fosamax regimen is time needed to regain strength for your second baby! It was nice meeting you and glad you're here!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Aug 30, 2004 3:13 pm

Hey Caurie! I remember you from Hugs. In fact, I have Brices online photo album saved to my favorites because you guys took so many beautiful pictures. I loved the ones of you while you were pg!!! I was too sick to even get fixed up for a picture but I wish I had tried like you did.

I am a moderator in the breastfeeding forum, so come visit us there and share your experience. It is always great to hear success stories.Many moms need inspiration to continue nursing long term.

Glad to see you again, Brice sure has grown!!!!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to New to the Forums