I am back as well!!!!

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

I am back as well!!!!

Postby emmasmummy » Aug 24, 2004 9:44 pm

Hey all I wonder who remembers me as I remember so very many of you!!!

I have been gone so long as my life with 3 little ones keeps me just so very busy but I did set aside a special time today after a long search I found you at this new site and I love it!!!!!! Well done Andy!!!

My name is Chris and I have had hg 3 times ...... each one better managed but still debilitating.

My first was Emma born 20th Dec 2000 ......a horrific very poorly managed pregnancy with me asking for a termination but thankfully in hind site being denied.

Second is Sarah born 14th June 2002 ... better managed but still bed bound and sick.

My third suprise baby (my first 2 were clomid babies) Callum was born just past December 28th and while he hit harder and faster due to not being prepared I was finally "ALLOWED" to use Zofran and used 24mg per with Maxalon and B6 ...... still sick but far better .. only 1 admission for IVT ( should have been more but I was very stubborn) and started to recover well at around 12 weeks.

I do get rebound sickness again in the third tri but never as bad as the first and have to be cautious all pregnancy not to get tired or hungry ...... easier said than done and I do the ritual morning bile chuck every day!!

I am contemplating number 4 knowing I will regret it once I start to vomit but the ONLY thing stopping me is the hg and who will care for 3 kids this time and run them all around now my oldest is at kindy and the others have swimming classes etc.

I am so cranky right now that my dream of 4 has been dashed due to this stupid illness!!! Do not suppose they have found a cure for hg in the last 8 months??????

Satyam I think of you so very often and e mailed a couple of times but they came back to me as no address known. I had Callum early due to getting polyhydramnios so my Jan baby was born 3 days after Chrissy last year and Stee sat their for 5 hours watching the cricket just so he could catch one of my kids at last. How is Lily??

Look forward to catching up with you all when I can although with a 3.5 year old, a 2 year old and a 8 month old it can be very tricky and almost impossible!!!
emmasmummy

Postby Traci in Japan » Aug 24, 2004 10:30 pm

Well, I remember you. You had your third as I was planning mine. I just had to have a look in this forum when I saw your name.

Good luck with the planning. You know that proactive planning makes things easier so hopefully you can come up with some imaginative ways to find babysitters. ("What part of Australia are you in?)

My third is now 3 months and I would be kidding if I said I didn't want another. I can't see it happening, but it is a nice daydream.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Wow congratulations!!!

Postby emmasmummy » Aug 25, 2004 12:17 am

Seems like you fell pg very fast .............. how was your pregnancy and management this time. Read my pg journal for my son last night and thought his pg was not so bad .................... hmm that is not what my journal says so that was a bit of a bummer and was on zof a lot longer than I remembered!!!! Funny how our mind plays tricks on us.

I live In townsville as well like Satyam and we had the same OB.

I am so looking forward to catching up ....... Congrats again!!
emmasmummy

Postby Traci in Japan » Aug 25, 2004 1:12 am

LOL I didn't word that very well did I - otherwise you would think I had a very short pg. You were going through your hg while I was planning (I was in Rockhampton for a couple of months) and come back here to Summer and then pg#3.

They don't use medication here although I got a little in Australia to bring back, and then I made do with a daily IV for a almost 2 months. But, by the third time I was over the trying to get by on my own thing and called in help where I could and left the rest to dh. I didn't leave the house from the beginning of September until the end of November, and it was very slow and steady from then on in.

Look forward to hearing how you go this time. Tell Satyam she needs to let us all know how her training is going.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 27, 2004 1:22 am

Nice to see you back, Chris, and congratulations on little Callum! Love the name. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby emmasmummy » Sep 15, 2004 4:53 pm

Thank you for the welcome back!!

Have had an opportunity now to browse through the site which is just amazing ... what a wonderful job that you are all doing.

Figure I will be checking out the no more kids poll .......... uggghhh it is just too hard and not fair but I am working through it ... harder esp with happy and healthy pg mums all around me and my BIL had a little girl last night.

To be honest I do not think I could get into the right "frame of mind" to prep for the hg battle again and I tend to feel exhausted just thinking about it ............ then there is always that glimmer of hope that "it will not happen this time :wink: " My pharmacy friend said that she thinks zofran will be on the PBS .... cheap rate .. next year which would be very handy ... but I really would have to be sick over the holidays when I could stay home everyday and I have 2 christmas babies so that is not ideal either.

Look forward to chatting when I can and maybe helping some other sufferers and keep on telling others about this amazing site.

Love to all xxxxx
Chris
hg x 4
Emma 20/12/00
Sarah 14/06/02
Callum 28/12/03
Joshua 12/04/06
emmasmummy
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 18, 2004 4:41 pm

Keep that hope alive, and maybe things will look different down the road. Cheap Zofran sure would be a great help! If you're willing, I'd love to get you added to my list of volunteer Aussies! Poor Satyam gets overloaded with most of the business your way, and I'd love to supplement my roll. You can check out the "I Need Mommies" post to see what it all entails. :D
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby emmasmummy » Sep 20, 2004 6:34 am

Thanks Pam ... I would love to be able to support other women who are suffering ..... this is as I am sure of most women here a bit of a passion of which I have done plenty of research and have lived with good bad and indifferent modalities ...... aside from a PICC which was refused I think I have tried and done it all. Let me know how I can help :D
Chris
hg x 4
Emma 20/12/00
Sarah 14/06/02
Callum 28/12/03
Joshua 12/04/06
emmasmummy
Been There Done That

Return to New to the Forums