There is hope ladies!

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

There is hope ladies!

Postby sherrybabes » Aug 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Hi, I am new to this site, and as requested by another member I have come on here to post about my experience with HG. I have a 21 month old son, and I was terribly ill with HG whilst pregnant with him. I lost 16lb between week 9 and week 13, and it continued in the same fashion all the way through. I saw my doctor at least once a week and was told 'it's morning sickness, it will go' each and every time I saw him. I had never heard of HG and had no access to the internet so knew nothing about it. Being my first pregnancy i just accepted what i was told! Looking back at the weight loss and how awful i felt, i feel i should have been in hospital on several occassions... Anyway, the reason i am posting is that I am pregnant again, and am now 23 weeks. I was terrified that I was going to have the same problem again this time, and we had even discussed terminations incase i was as ill. Well ladies, as I said I am now 23 weeks, and I have not been sick once. At all. I have done nothing differently during, or before, this pregnancy except for taking a Vitamin B complex every day and i have stopped even doing that now. I am feeling totally fantastic, and have done the whole way through this pregnancy. I don't mean for this to come across as me rubbing it in your faces, i just wanted to let you all know that us HG sufferers dont always suffer again! Good luck to all of you, and feel free to contact me if you would like to!
sherrybabes

Postby Natalie » Aug 23, 2004 3:38 pm

Hi
Thanks so much for taking the time to post here. I hope you don't mind but I am going to post this again in the 'Stories of Hope' folder!
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 23, 2004 8:02 pm

Congratulations to you! We love inspiring stories like yours. Statistics say about 10% of HGers will not repeat, but we don't often hear from the lucky ones because they're putting HG far behind them. Thanks so much for sharing your message of hope! Best wishes to you and your family.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums