Re-introduction!

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Re-introduction!

Postby Rachael » May 29, 2004 2:06 pm

Hello again! I just thought I would re-introduce myself and copy my post from Hugs. I look forward to getting to know you ladies more! You don't have to worry about replying to me again(unless you want to, lol!) if you already did in Hugs ;-) Here's my story!

My name is Rachael and have a 13 mo son, named Gabe. I had hg from about 5 weeks to 16 weeks and mild hg from then on, throwing up just in the mornings on an empty stomach. I think I'm one of those people who know more about hg than my doctor. She never suggested once that I might have it, but I sort of "self-diagnosed" myself! I would throw up anywere from 7-30 times a day, my worst day being the 30 timer and I don't think I ever left the bathroom floor. By the evening my dh was so concerned for me that he called my doctor and she said to get me in to the er immediately. It took so long to admit me that I had to sit outside and throw up in the grass. Passerby's were wondering what was going on! I had blood in my vomit(bile, at that) most of that day. Once they admitted me they put reglan in my iv. I did not like it AT ALL! It made me so jumpy and jittery, I couldn't stop moving my body, not shaking or convulsing, just had to move!! Has that happened to anyone else?.....Anyway, I was there overnight until my urine came back with a low amount of ketones and ran more clear.(my doc said she hadn't seen a number so high in a long time) It took me a few bags of iv fluid to get me where I needed to be. They also gave me zofran. Let me tell you, after that, I felt SOOOO good. That was at 12 weeks and that helped get my hg under control. I have learned a lot from that experience and the next time around I will get fluids MUCH earlier.

I was also on zofran(oral) my entire pregnancy. I took one half of a pill every 12 hours and cut it to one half a pill in the mornings toward the end of my pregnancy. I was on phenagran at first, but it made me too tired, which made me feel more sick. My doctor never offered me b6 or unisom, should I ask next time?

I was hardly able to function. My dh had to do everything for me, including helping me take my shower(sitting down).

We are trying to conceive #2 right now, and I may possibly be pregnant. I am so scared! I had to ttc so soon because I have stage 3 endometriosis as well. I have a feeling I will be sending my son to a babysitter everyday if it gets as bad as it was.(I'm a sahm)

Thank you all for listening. I will be in here frequently now and will post more in the future!
Rachael
sahm to Gabriel Ryan 4/14/03
Rachael

Hi, Rachael!

Postby PamelaRose » May 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Nice to see that you found your way over here. How exciting to be ttc again! There's a special set of emotions that accompanies repeat-HG--fear, excitement, dread all rolled into one. I hope the wait is not long for you. Your story sounds similar to mine and others in that HG is often missed the first time around and is diagnosed after the fact. The good news about repeat HG is that you know what you're up against--think of all the time and effort you spent wondering what was wrong the first time! Keep us posted, and I hope to see you in the 1st Tri. forum soon!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums