help

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

help

Postby tinkerbell » Aug 10, 2004 11:22 am

hi
this is third hg pregnancy , i am 4 weeks and 5 days . i had a tummy bug to start, so got off to a bad start. i have felt so weak and tired but not been sick yet . it usually starts week 6 .
my dilema is i dont want to tell the family but ,they are visiting and want to go out to eat all the time . we are going out to celebrate a birthday to the chinese in 2 nights . i feel ill about going and by 10 pm want to be in bed as i am wiped out . i dont want to start vomitting yet.
what do i do . i already spentthe afternoon with cramps and sittting on the loo because we had ribs for lunch !!!! i feel my body going into the shut down mode so it will all start soon .i am trying to eat little and often.
i told the family i have a kidney infection so i cant drink but the food thing is more diffucult . i would like to keep my secret till i cant avoid it any longer but 5 weeks is way to early.
thanks for listening
in complete shock! now started hg pregnancy number 3
tinkerbell

Help..when to tell

Postby my3divas » Aug 11, 2004 9:01 am

That is tough. I originally didn't want to tell anyone right away because I have had three miscarriages, and didn't want to have to tell everyone if it happened again. My husband and I sat down and I realized that the support I could gain whether I miscarried or got ill was worth telling everyone. I think that an HG pregnancy is not a normal one, and you need everyone to be as understanding as they can be. I personally would just spill the beans and let them know you are expecting again. That way you don't have to subject yourself to "sick inducing" experiences.
anna, sahm of three wonderful girls and now #4 on the way
my3divas

Postby carriedodson » Aug 11, 2004 9:15 am

You poor thing! A kidney infection can make HG so much worse. Hang in there are you on levaquin or some other antibiotic? I say keep things on the down low as much as you can and you tell people in your own time. Maybe company is not the best thing now, but try to get the best you c an. Sending you a hug,
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 11, 2004 4:52 pm

Trying to keep HG a secret is tough! You can pull it off with the first baby by lying about made-up illnesses, but after that people eventually recognize signs of HG. If your family's stay is going to be brief, you can fake a relapse of the stomach bug you just got over, and that may be explanation enough. If not, I agree with Anna - sometimes it's best to bury worries about "what if" and reveal what's going on. With my first two pregnancies I tried to keep things secret until we were "safe" (and I miscarried anyways after we told everyone at 12 weeks); with my last two we made the calls right away, and the level of support was far greater. Even when I had problems and worried about miscarriage with the last baby, I was still glad people knew about the pregnancy and could lend a hand as needed.

I wish you the best. Are you taking Unisom or something else to try to stave off the nausea?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby tinkerbell » Aug 12, 2004 11:32 am

hi
thanks for all your support.
i rested all day yesterday as i felt so sick .today i managed to go out with the family ,and managed a kids meal. not felt to bad so i am going out for a meal tonight.
the only problem i have is ,when i eat i get terible tummy pains about an hour or 2 later .i reemember i was abit like this with the other 2 but not as bad. i am hoping it is a good sighn . i can cope with trips to the loo a few times a day but not to throw up !!!on the other hand ,i think it is my body starting to reject food .i am now 5 weeks so i hope this time next wek i wont be hugging the loo all day :cry:
i am going to the doctor to get on some medication on monday so heres hoping. i do panick though when i dont feel sick ,as i fear the worse.
in complete shock! now started hg pregnancy number 3
tinkerbell

Return to New to the Forums