5th pregnancy but NOT feeling sick as I did in the past

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

5th pregnancy but NOT feeling sick as I did in the past

Postby sarahts » Aug 08, 2004 12:37 pm

I am new to your forum- my brief history is that I have experienced HE with 4 previous pregnancies- 2 resulting in miscarriage and two resulting in my healthy children Sam and Grace! I am now 6 weeks pregnant again and feeling slightly nauseous and using B6 with Unisom but nothing else. I have Zofran ready at hand should I need it. I am scared/concerned that I am feeling this well! With all 4 prior pregnanies I had already had 2 hospital admits by 6 weeks due to the dehydration and exessive vomitting (which fortunately only lasted until 16 weeks). Is it possible to have a pleasant pregnancy after suffering from HE so many times in the past?
sarahts

healthy pg after hg?

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 08, 2004 2:02 pm

Boy, I hope so. I hope a healthy pg after hg is possible. Hope that is what you will have: healthy pregnancy, healthy baby, healthy recovery.

Congatulations on your wee little babe.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 08, 2004 3:03 pm

Welcome, and congratulations on the new pregnancy! You know all too well that HG usually follows the same pattern for you, but it can and does enjoy changing things up, too. I went through 4 times, and with 3 of the 4 I was significantly dehydrated by week 6. For some odd, wonderful reason, my 3rd pregnancy was different--HG held off until almost 8 weeks! It was a nice break, though I admit I had convinced myself that there would be no HG that time and was quite upset when it came on so late. It also changed its pattern then and responded to none of the meds that were successful with my other treated HGs, though it was kind enough to end totally and completely much sooner than with my other full-term pregnancies. Long story short, yes, HG can change pattern. You're doing very well with treatment and preparation; if you're really concerned, you can always ask for a blood test to confirm adequate hormone levels. You'll be in my thoughts--please keep us updated!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums