I'm new here

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

I'm new here

Postby Lynn Dillon » Aug 07, 2004 12:08 am

Hi. My name is Lynn. I'm so glad I found this place. I wanted to introduce myself and tell my story. I survived the ordeal 3 times. I have children ages 8,6, and 1. I cried when I read about the things some of you have gone through or are going through. I can relate to so many of them. When I got pregnant with my first child, my dr. said he had never seen a case like mine, but he was supportive. I went through the different meds, IVs, hospitalizations, depression, and weight loss down to 80 lbs. I had a healthy girl. My husband and I said we could never do it again and gave up on our dream of more children. We planned a vacectomy, but I became pg a second time before the vas. I was scared, but excited. It was very difficult because my daughter was only 1 and I couldn't care for her. I ended up having a healthy boy. Then my husband had the vas. We felt we had to do it for my health. It seemed so right at the time. I had a son and a daughter and they were so young. The hg was so fresh in my mind. A few years later it hit me. What had we done. I wanted more children. My husband had the vas reversed(which was costly and very painful for him). 4 months later I was pg with my third. Just like my other 2, the hg came on at exactly 6 weeks. I survived it even though I prayed that I would die. I am seriously considering a fourth try, but I wonder how many times a woman can survive it.
Lynn Dillon

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 07, 2004 11:01 am

Welcome, Lynn. I'm happy you found this group; nothing can describe the feeling of reading messages from women who've shared your experiences! Congratulations to you on 3 healthy children, and please know that you are not alone in wanting to add to your family. Some HGers cannot have more than 1 child, many have 2, some go on to 3, and others continue to 4 and beyond. I myself have been through HG 4 times--1 miscarriage, 3 children; we have ladies active here who have been through it 5,6,7,8 times! It's all about what's inside of you, what your body and your family can handle. My hunch is always that if you're exploring the possibility in your own mind, your heart is telling you it's the right thing for you. But until you're comfortable with all that another pregnancy entails, this is a super place to come to for research and reassurance. I wish you all the best!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums