8.5 weeks, 2 hospital stays, 2nd HG PG, and still puking

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

8.5 weeks, 2 hospital stays, 2nd HG PG, and still puking

Postby Ridgielover » Jul 30, 2004 3:41 pm

Hello,
Wanted to say, thanks for this site. I am working hard to read though the posts, while I can keep my head up and outta the toilet.

I am 28, this is my 2nd HG pregnacny.
I have been admitted twice to the hospital already, and i am only 8.5 weeks, *due 3/7, hopefully induced 2/14 due to VERY fast/short Labor.

I am on the Zofran pump, 24 mgs, 1mg/hr.

I have had kytrill in the hospital, not sure if it helped or not.

I can barely pick my head up to type, and i feel like sshit.
I have lost 10lbs already. :(

HELP with any suggestions, u can make,
XOXO
Christi :oops:
Ridgielover

Postby dwtegli » Jul 30, 2004 10:37 pm

Welcome Christi,

I don't know if I can offer you any suggestions, but I can definitely offer you my prayers. I've been there. We've all been there. I know how hard it is to pull your head out of the toilet at times. The only suggestion I would have is maybe you could add some unisome/B6 or meclizine/B6 combination to your Zofran. Also, the usual max dose of zofran is 32 mg per day. WOuld it be possible to up yours slightly? Maybe that could help.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome and let you know that we are all here for you.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 31, 2004 10:04 am

Hi, Christi, and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low right now; not a good place to be in terms of 1st-trimester HG! :?

Zofran will not work its best if you are not well-hydrated. Are you able to keep up with liquids, or do you need to add scheduled rehydration to your regimine? 32 mg/day of Zofran seems to be standard during the worst of it, so you can also up your dosage. But honestly, many women find that they need to combine Zofran with another med for best effect. There are numerous options, so it's just a matter of trial and error until you find something that works. You can find more information in the 1st Trimester Forum.

If you'd like me to get you in touch with a volunteer from your area, just let me know and I'll match you up. I wish you all the best; hang in there!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 01, 2004 12:25 pm

Oh, I remember the feeling!!! My heart certainly goes out to you! I'm glad you're on the Zofran pump, but do not be disheartened if you don't feel the effects after having it awhile. I had it for 2 months (coupled with a Hickman Cathetor/TPN's) and it really lost its effect on me. All I can say is make sure that your doctor is well aware of your situation. I was very fortunate the second time around to have one that really cared. He did not rotate me among their large practice and if he didn't call personally, he had his head nurse call to check on me even though I was under home healthcare. Watch your weight loss and ketones! The more weight you lose, the worse you'll feel! I never gained weight back from my first pregnancy and then dropped another 8 pounds in the first couple weeks of pregnancy which put me at 98 pounds (my 5' 5'' frame was 125 when my hubby and I married). Having proactive doctors really helped me get through the nine months of severe HG. I hope that you will be as fortunate as I was.
My biggest hope for you is that the nausea subsides along with the HG, but if it doesn't, just remember that you are strong and you can get through it! Some days will be better than others and you'll feel whole again when you hold your little one for the first time! I'm always here if you need to chat. Believe me, the toilet and I have shared many months of moments and I do remember how you feel! I won't say "hang in there" because I used to hate it when people used the phrase with me when I was sick as a dog. I'll just say get some rest!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Return to New to the Forums