Here I am to try again! Wish me luck!

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Here I am to try again! Wish me luck!

Postby SusanElder » Jul 17, 2004 10:11 pm

HI -

My name is Susan and my husband and I just found out last night that we are pregnant! :D We are excited and scared all at the same time!

We are trying again after terminating Oct 15th. I received very poor care from my preverious dr's and do have new ones that are much better. However, from our prior experience we are very scared - so I need support! I would love a buddy! I live in an area called Gold River in Sacramento, California.

I am taking B6 and looking to start the unisom when I need to. I will also have Zofran when I get in to see my dr so that I am prepared. Unfortunately I can't get in to see him next week since I got selected to be on a Jury last Thursday! Perfect timing!!!

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Reglan and Phenegran did not work for me last time. I did have a PICC and Zofran in the IV - I was just too far gone by the time they finally started treating me.

I know things will be better this time. I am going to conquer this!
Love to everyone!
Susan
:D
Susan

Lost #1 10/15/03
TTC in July '04 and praying things are different! Update: We are pregnant! I am due March 26th!
SusanElder

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 17, 2004 10:52 pm

Congratulations to you! What wonderful news; I know you and your husband have been hopefully waiting, and I'm excited for you. :)

Phenergan and Reglan are common, but that doesn't mean they always work. Did you actually have adverse reactions, or did they just not work? That can be an important distinction to make, because it's possible that one or the other might help out if started proactively. Zofran is not usually enough on its own, so look into different combo meds for it.

Best wishes to you; I will get you in touch with a super buddy soon. You can do this!!!!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

reactions to meds

Postby SusanElder » Jul 18, 2004 10:28 pm

Pamela -

With Reglan it seemed to do nothing and I was doing pretty bad by the time the gave it to me and they only recommended a 1/2 a dose!

The phenegren I had severe reactions to! Of couse it would knock me out for 12 hours with each dose, it burned horribly going in through the IV and they had to dilute it every time, then if that was not enough I was having seriezers(sp) from the waist down. Each time it got worse and they kept giving it to me. Now my mom did object along with my husband many times. My mom is an RN and my husband does have some medical experience too! Then they decided to try the suppositories - oh my - we are never going there again especially if an angry nurse is giving it to me!!! OUCHHHHHH!!!!!

I do tend to have wierd reactions to some meds so I don't want to scare anyone away from phenegren!!!
Susan

Lost #1 10/15/03
TTC in July '04 and praying things are different! Update: We are pregnant! I am due March 26th!
SusanElder

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 18, 2004 11:20 pm

Yikes - Phenergan sounds like quite a trip for you! Guess you won't be repeating that this time around. I had the burning reaction, and I was too dumb to realize it was a reaction until my 4th pregnancy. lol But don't cross Reglan completely off your list; at worst, you may try it and find that it really doesn't work for you, but you may be pleasantly surprised to find that it works with Zofran. :) Hope HG holds off for you this time!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums