Second HG pregnancy, Blessed to have found this website

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Second HG pregnancy, Blessed to have found this website

Postby MrsPaterson » Jul 12, 2004 10:18 pm

Here I am again, starting my 6th week with HG pregnancy # 2. My daughter is 5 now. I lost 18 pounds while pregant with her. The HG hit me between week 6 and week 20 that time. She turned out perfectly healthy 8 lbs 6 oz. I think you kind of repress the memories like those of any other horrific life experience. The memories all came rushing back to me this past weekend though as tears dropped into the toilet, while I was bent over waiting for the first vomit. My last pregnacy was the loneliest, most mentally and physically torturous experience of my life. I am so blessed to have found this website this time around. I hope I can be a support to others and I hope I can get some encouragement/cheerleading here as I go through the next 14 weeks.

On the plane ride to my vacation last month I met a woman who had agressive breast cancer during her second pregnancy. She had to have surgery and chemo treatment while pregnant to save her life and the baby's. It made the HG seem a lot less ominous to think of what she and her baby had been through.

Knowing that I am not alone this time makes it seem conquerable too.
MrsPaterson
MrsPaterson

Postby halgal427 » Jul 13, 2004 10:36 am

mrspaterson,
concrats on your new pg. i'm so sorry to hear about the hard time you went through and the hard times you are facing. have you started taking anthing yet, like b6/unisom? you should really start on zofran as well. you need to ask your dr for it but it should control the vomiting. there is a great post about meds on the 1st trimester board.

i am 6 wks pg today so i know how your feeling. it is so hard when the hg hits and you remember just how bad it really was. do you have a good OB? have you set up any childcare for your daughter? i know this is so much to think about when you are feeling so yucky but it will really help to have good care for yourself and your daughter. i didn't get any help for my daughter when i was pg w/ my 2nd or did i have a good OB and it was by far the hardest hg pg. i did it alone and w/ only 3 bags of fluid a day via a midline. i did it med free because i wasn't offered anything that worked for me and my ob was a joke. this time around i have put off home improvment plans to pay for full time babysitting help for my kids and i have an OB who is ready to listen to my ques and give me whatever i need. my sitter starts next monday. i can't wait. that in itself is something to look forward to. i'm taking b6, unisom and zantac and it seems to have made a difference for me. i feel yucky but nothing i can't handle yet. i can feel hg on my doorstep though. last night i felt so lousey and i thought that was it but i took all my meds and woke up better then last night. i was amazed.

i hope you can find something that will take the edge off for you. you are not alone and you can do this! it will end and take it one day at a time. don't be afraid to ask for help. you are your best advocate. don't suffer in silence, demand help from your dr. no doubt it will be hard but you really can do this. best wishes,
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 13, 2004 11:21 pm

Welcome! Congratulations on the new pregnancy; I'm so happy you found this site. 6 weeks and just starting is a scary place to be; I don't think I ever felt as hopeless as I did the first days of vomiting with my repeat HGs. The good news is that you've survived and you know that a positive outcome awaits; most women feel utterly alone and terrified during their first pregnancies, but experience does help smoothe things the next time around. This is a great place for support. The ladies in the 1st Trimester Forum are super, and I'd love to line you up with a volunteer from your area if you're interested. Best wishes to you, and I hope HG is mild for you this time.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums