Re-Introduction

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Re-Introduction

Postby ejoann » Jul 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Hello Everyone I will be hanging out here every now and then so I thought I would post a bit about myself.

I don't recall finding this site until nearly the end of my first pregnancy. I had really bad HG and was in the hospital twice. My OB was an idiot and did not treat my HG appropriately or soon enough (hind site). Then my situation got worse when the Peri- prescribed me prednisone and then basically forgot about me and I continued to take it. Well I got a severe infection called choriamniotisis from taking the medication which lowers your immune system. Long and short of the story my baby died because of this medication. (Full story is on Quinton's website http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/q/quinton/) :cry: :cry:

My second pregnancy I also had HG but was extremely prepared for it this time. I started Zofran at 6 weeks and I was still really ill, as opposed to violently ill, until about 13 weeks when being on the Zofran was almost enough. However, shortly after the amnio my son's heart stopped beating and he was delivered at 17 weeks. :cry: :cry:

Everything in my life has changed, and I mean everything except my dh and my desire to have children. I feel like I have been to he-- and back. I'm sure that some of your stories are just as depressing as mine and I hope that I can be of some help here so we all can get through this together.

Peace to everyone in your journey.
~i~Baby Julianna cord accident 8-10-07

~i~Rebecca (1-21-05) @24weeks IC, mild HG
~i~Quinton (5/7/2003-6/8/2003) @26weeks IC, heavy HG
~i~Elliotte (1/9/04) @17weeks SB, regular HG
42yrs old
Incompetent cervix cured by the TAC, permanently!
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Postby stephensmam » Jul 07, 2004 3:19 pm

oh my poor dear girl im so sorry for what you have been through, welcome to this site and i hope it gives you a sense of being with friends who really care about you,

i wish there was something i could say or do to make you feel a bit better but i know o matter what i say it wont take away your pain but please know im so terribly sorry for your losses and if you ever want to talk im here
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 08, 2004 11:07 am

I am so sorry about the losses of your two precious boys. :cry: Thank you for sharing your story; you have my deepest sympathy. I hope you are able to soon conceive again and ease some of the sadness with the happy, healthy child you are longing for. Hugs to you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Thanks

Postby ejoann » Jul 12, 2004 10:12 pm

Thank you everyone. I will keep in touch.
~i~Baby Julianna cord accident 8-10-07

~i~Rebecca (1-21-05) @24weeks IC, mild HG
~i~Quinton (5/7/2003-6/8/2003) @26weeks IC, heavy HG
~i~Elliotte (1/9/04) @17weeks SB, regular HG
42yrs old
Incompetent cervix cured by the TAC, permanently!
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Return to New to the Forums