hello

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

hello

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 06, 2004 1:11 am

Well I've been feeling pretty sick. :( And not a very understanding husband. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon and I'm really hoping they perscribe me something cause I feel terrible. Thanks for the resposes and the support.

Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 06, 2004 2:43 pm

Aww, I'm sorry. Are you tring B6/Unisom or meclizine? There's info in the 1st Trimester folder on amounts, and they can make a difference in the beginning. But tomorrow's appointment is the time to ask for the prescription anti-emetics you're going to need. Again, in the 1st Trimester folder you'll find lots of info on Zofran and other medicine options.

Good luck! I hope things go well, and I'll have a buddy in contact with you soon.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby emily » Jul 06, 2004 4:35 pm

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. I wish I could come over and help you!
emily
Devoted to You

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 07, 2004 12:38 am

I went to the Dr. today and he told me to hang in there for a couple of more weeks. He doesn't want to perscribe me anything before my 12 weeks. I'm eleven! But if I can drink ice water bit by bit than hopefully I can make it without feeling too bad. I took someone's advice from here and so far the water stays down. Thanks! As for food I really wish I could eat a cheese enchilada and have a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast. So far a couple of strawberries every little while will stay down, have to be cold, which takes away some of the sweetness but it stays down. I started that yesterday. Thanks again for your support.
Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 07, 2004 1:51 pm

Valerie - Your doctor doesn't want you to try ANYTHING before 12 weeks? Why on earth not? By then most HGers are significantly dehydrated, and that's not good for you or the baby. It is absolutely standard practice to begin anti-emetics right away in the pregnancy, and aside from steroids, which are supposed to be reserved until after that point, there is no reason to wait. If you're feeling rotten and fighting to keep ice chips down, I urge you to call that doctor and ask for something simple like Phenergan or Zofran. And please, watch your hydration. If you feel dry mouth, cracked lips, or dizzy/weepy/hopeless, march into your dr's clinic or the ER and demand fluids. It really sounds like you will need more intense care, but I hope you can hold your own another week to get treatment. :( Hugs!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 07, 2004 10:38 pm

Well last night I was able to eat and I was feeling a little better. Today I fell pretty good compared to how I was feeling. I have mild nausea and I threw up only once today. But it seems like my symptoms are subsiding which is unusual because it was never like that with my other pregnancies only when they put me on medication. So now I'm wondering if I've had a miscarriage. I've never had one and I don't if you feel anything or not. I'm not bleeding or anything, I get mild cramps every now and then but nothing for me to really complain about. Should I really be worried?
Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 08, 2004 9:47 am

Miscarriage after HG usually starts with a drastic reduction in symptoms. I went from eating nothing and still vomiting 30 times per day to eating pizza and drinking milk and vomiting only 1x within 3 days. Drastic. Spotting usually occurs after the symptoms lessen with an early miscarriage.

If you're worried, call your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to check on the baby--it is not uncalled for to check if you notice a change in your symptoms. On the other hand, each pregnancy is different, and you may be getting past the worst of it earlier with this one. My vomiting stopped at 11 weeks with my 4th pregnancy, and I was concerned, too, but she's very much here and ok. If the vomiting lets up earlier, though, there is a tendency for worse nausea to set in; you may notice that soon. I wouldn't worry too much (can't change it either way), but call your doctor for peace of mind. Hugs - I hope your fears are calmed soon.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 08, 2004 2:21 pm

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for the advice, I will be contacting my doctor today, just for peace of mind. I don't want anything to happen. But you say it gets worse if it subsides early? GOD, I hope that doesn't happen.

Valerie :(
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Not necessarily worse, but different. With my first kids, vomiting was terrible and when it ended, I was over HG. With the last baby vomiting ended early, but nausea kicked in, which had never happened before. So if your HG is changing its pattern, don't be surprised to find that the whole pg is different this time. I hope that's a good thing in your case and means an easier time! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Jul 09, 2004 1:33 pm

Valerie -

I was just wondering if you've been able to speak with your doctor about an ultrasound and about getting some medications. It seems ridiculous to wait until you are 12 wks before he will give you meds.

Hope all is well!

- Anna

P.S. Please let me know if you'd consider finding another doctor. I'd be happy to help you...you deserve better treatment!
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 09, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi Anna,
No, I haven't talked to my doctor about an ultrasound. I called yesterday and explained what was going on and I was told that sometimes people just wake up one day feeling totally normal. Now, I really didn't feel comfortable with that response. And I am kind of worried still. Right now I actually feel really good, no symptoms. And judging from my other pregnancies it just doesn't seem normal. I am considering looking for another doctor, I just don't feel like this doctor is well educated on HG. I was going to a local doctor because it's only two blocks away from home and I had medical, now I have to wait for another approval to continue with my medical, which will probably be next month. But I do have Kaiser until I get approved, so I was thinking of going in and checking on what they say and how they are, I might just stay with them. The medical is for low income families and right now I'm not working, I don't plan on going back to work either. We decided that are family is growing faster than we expected and that I should just continue with my education full time. So I'm pretty sure I will be approved for the medical it's just finding a doctor after the approval. Thank you for the concern and offer, but I wouldn't want to hassle you.

Valerie :)
Valerie Cruz

Postby MamaLily » Jul 09, 2004 2:06 pm

Valerie -

:D It would be NO hassle at all to help you find a doctor. Seriously! I'm a moderator in the "Find a Physician" forum, and I know that someone recently was searching for a Kaiser doctor.

Honestly, I'd love to help you find someone great. I had a wonderful doctor, and without him I honestly don't know if I would have made it through HG. So, if you'll start a post in the "Find a Physician" forum, I'll do all I can to help you. Just include your city, the hospital where you want to deliver (if you know), the insurance, etc. I'll do what I can for you! :)

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 09, 2004 3:28 pm

Well, when I read your posting I barely looked up info on Kaiser. I called them and they're going to try to get me in today, that I should diffenately see the doctor. The nurse is supposed to call me back with an appointment but if she doesn't call in thirty minutes I'm calling back.

Thanks So Much Though,

Valerie :D
Valerie Cruz

Postby MamaLily » Jul 09, 2004 8:54 pm

Valerie -

How wonderful! I'm hoping that you were able to see the doctor and that you heard some good news (i.e., that they will give you meds immediately).

Please keep me posted - and let me know if I can do anything for you. Hang in there!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 09, 2004 9:17 pm

Hi Anna,

I just came back from the doctor, I heard the baby's heartbeat and had an ultrasound, the baby is fine. My symptoms have really calm down and I am so happy for that, if I get to have a good pregnancy I will be so thankful to GOD. The doctor said that the symptoms might be slowing down because it could possibly be a boy. We don't know yet, couldn't tell. But that would be wonderful since I already have two girls. Also I've been having cramps because I have a pretty bad UTI, they gave me medication and I should be clear of it in a week. As for medication for the HG, I'm not sure I need it since my symptoms are so much better. I'm hoping they don't come and go like Pamela said. But if they do then I'll have them perscribe me something. The things I can't eat are any thing containing a milk product and greasy foods. I'm so happy. This appointment was such a relief.

Valerie :D :cry: :D
(every heard of so happy wanting to cry)
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 09, 2004 10:45 pm

Valerie, that's wonderful news! Great! :D

The macrobid or whatever you're on for the UTI could make you feel worse for a few days, but it really sounds like you're coming out of the worst of it. Hooray!!!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 10, 2004 11:29 am

:( Well, the amoxicillin brought back the nausea and the vomiting, but it should go away they said. Other than that I'm doing pretty good, brought my spirits down alittle. And my daughter keeps telling everyone that she saw her baby brother in my stomach, she's also going to be in a wedding today, so there is some good news for me.

Thanks for All the Support and Encouragement, I wish I would have found this place with my first pregnancy.

Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby MamaLily » Jul 11, 2004 9:30 pm

Valerie -

How wonderful to hear that the baby is doing well and that you are feeling better. I hope the sickness from the amoxicillin won't last long...have you tried taking meds for the nausea while you are on the antibiotic?

Hang in there. I'm hoping you're over the worst!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 12, 2004 4:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty good. I can eat and drink most foods and beverages. I really need some kind of calcium. My teeth are starting to hurt and that's not normal, they don't even hurt when I bite into ice cream. Not only that it feels like my bones are hurting. I'm wondering if it's me needing calcium or arthritis, it runs in my family. I feel like when I'm pregnant if it isn't one thing it's another. Well, with this pregnancy at least. The good thing is it seems that my HG is pretty much under control! The doctors have also said that it could be that this child is a boy. I'll be so happy if it is since I have two girls already. They even told me that I could possible have twins, since he couldn't see around the baby on the ultrasound. He said that I measure pretty big for 11 weeks. But the ultrasound measured the baby at 11 weeks, so the doctor believes there could possibly be another child in there. :shock:

I hope everyone is doing good.

Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 12, 2004 9:06 pm

Great to hear you're feeling better, Val. Wow - I am going to stay far, far away from my computer if you're having twins, too. We seem to be having a 2-baby explosion here. You'd REALLY have your hands full with 2 new babies and your other 2!

If you can tolerate it, eat and drink up on the calcium-rich foods. I'm a firm believer that your body craves what it needs, and it sounds like yours is trying to tell you something. I did really well on ice cream for about 4 days with my older daughter's HG; this is your excuse to eat it all the time! lol

Take care, and thanks for the update. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Next

Return to New to the Forums