I'm Clarissa and I'm new

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

I'm Clarissa and I'm new

Postby cv2004 » Jul 02, 2004 11:20 am

I am just so happy to have to found this site. I first had HG in 2000 and there was little info available. I have since had two healthy babies and am expecting number. I had HG with the second pg as well so I'm fully expecting to get it this time around too. I am just 5 weeks tomorrow and in the past started around 5.5 -6 weeks. So I have a week of freedom!! My HG just debilitates me. I am off work completely, don't brush my teeth, lay in bed/shower crying and am just overall miserable. And now i have to do it with two kids!! In the past I have taken Zofran 4 mg and it really doesn't help with the nausea. I don't vomit that much and usually gain tons of weight - eating is the only thing that helps me.

OK that is enough of me. Glad to meet you all!!!
cv2004

Postby halgal427 » Jul 02, 2004 3:47 pm

hi clarissa,
i am also about 4 weeks pg. i feel the same way...i have a week or so left to enjoy this pg. it also scares me to think of what is to come. i am a stay at home mom of 3 girls, 8, 4, 18 months. i am going to hire a full time babysitter next week. i don't care if i have to morgage my house...i need help this time. if you can hire help, you should. i have always found friends and family to be unreliable because they just don't get HG. i will keep my fingers crossed for you that you will have a better experience this time. stay in touch and best wishes,
kim
edd 3-10-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 02, 2004 6:01 pm

Hi, Clarissa, and welcome. Congratulations on the new pregnancy! The waiting is torture with HG, and I hope you're holding up well! The first thing I'd do is check into the 1st Trimester and Planning forums; they'll have lots of ideas for you regarding using this remaining week to your best benefit and planning for treatment. Most women start B6 right away and stock up on Unisom to take at the teeniest little sign of nausea. That combo bought me a few extra days last time. After that, Zofran is a popular next step, but it's certainly not the only one. And 32 mg/day is standard during the worst of it, to be weaned down as possible as you stabilize. I too was completely incapacitated by HG during my first 3 pregnancies, but with the 4th I found my own "magic bullet" and was actually able to stand up, and walk, and sit with my family! What a concept. There will be tough times, but I hope you have a better experience this time around thanks in part to the great support from all the ladies here. And yes, we've had other HGers who've eaten to combat the nausea and have gained weight--you're certainly not alone! Best wishes to you; keep us updated!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums