Burntcarmine is back

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Burntcarmine is back

Postby burntcarmine » Jun 29, 2004 9:47 pm

HI everyone, wow what a gorgeous site.
First of all, forgive me for disappearing. I think of you all, but school was a killer this semester. I checked in with Andy a few times and just hung on the rest of the time. How is everyone? I am finding it hard to navigate my way through her but will catch on. I have missed you all and thought of you so often. School is really so much harder now that Jay is going full time and we are 5 and not 4. I bet you feel like that Pamela even though you are on the teaching end...

So, to everyone else. I am Christina or Ch which is my written nickname on the boards. I have three children and yes have had hg 3x. Each pg was very hard in its own ways but physically the last one was the easiest. That was over two years ago and Lucienne (Lucie) is 18 mos now. A few of us had babies together then and it wasn't a picnic, especially for Aimee.

I am planning on a fourth and last baby and will either ttc next Mar or wait one more year until I have graduated. I try and time hg for the summer between semesters. My husband and I are both full time students and I am also a (primarily) self taught painter. My other children are Junia (6) and Emmanuelle (Emma) (4).

I look forward to catching up with you old friends and meeting new ones.

Take care all of you and my thoughts especially go out toyou who are going through such a hard time. It is so painful and difficult - how blessed your children are to have you.

take care,
ch
Christina (Ch)
HG survivor x3
Mom to Junia (6) Emma (4), and Lucienne (18 mos) otherwise known as Lucie and when she's saucy she's Lola
burntcarmine

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 29, 2004 10:11 pm

I've been thinking about you, wondering when you might be headed for another pg.
How is Lucie doing? Is she still a peach?
Aaron is a sweetheart, his favorite thing right now is to collect all the June bugs he can find and then he proudly presents them to his mommy. And he actually sleeps through the night, I thought that would never come.
I'm still struggling to get our lives back on track after the wake of my pg, but we're a happy little family and that's the most important part.
It's so great to see you back!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 29, 2004 10:21 pm

CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I am so very happy to see you here--my husband raised an eyebrow when I started clapping delightedly at seeing your screen name once again. I've missed you! We've missed you! I'm sorry to hear school's been so draining. I definitely can identify; I feel like if I take one more step I will drop most days, and I have the luxury of going on automatic pilot with in my classroom most days! I'm sure it is stressful, but good for you and Jay for making it work. Summer is such a blessing!

How are those little angels? Junia is in school - what grade now? And Em, starting school? Brody starts Kindergarten this year and is very excited. And my little Avery starts preschool, too. Where did my babies go? Ah, that's right--the little ones! How's the baby princess? Can you believe they're 18 months already? Reilly is full of the dickens, an absolute terror. She is a laugh a minute, though, and so worth it. You'll have to tell me more about little Lucie - you say "saucy," but what are we talking here? lol Kim's Ainsley and Brenda's Bella and my Reilly have this wicked plot for world domination, it seems, while Aimee's sweet little Aaron and the other males of the world cringe. Is Lucie on board with this? Good girl! :)

It is great to hear from you - keep in touch!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Jun 29, 2004 11:05 pm

Welcome back!

I know I wasn't one of the ones whom you went through PG with, but I found HuGS in Jan 03 when I was hit like a train with HG. You, and some of the other recent mommies at the time like Aimee and Pamela and of course, Anna and Satyam who were PG with me, were so amazingly supportive to me during my worst months ever.

I think you are amazing for preparing for "round 4"...I will never understand how some of you women do it and wish I could harness a tenth of your personal strength (not to mention whatever wiles you use to convince your hubbies!)

Glad summer is here and you can decompress for a while.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

can't figure how to post

Postby burntcarmine » Jun 30, 2004 4:45 pm

argh I just wrote you all a long response and lost it. I am such a computer dork.

well, the short version is - I am gardening like a nut and trying to unfry my brain. lucie is a peach still and very sweet. She has gone from being easy as anything to a bit of a dicatator and has me worried because she has hardly any words at all to her vocab. but she is doing everything late... remember she even came late. I think tardiness may be a boundary issue for us to work on. but she is adorable of course and is christened lola by her immediate family. Her father calls her lucilini and I have been known to call her the ayatollah but we try not to do it in public.

School is hard but good. I am working on two honors thesis' for these two degrees I am working on. I am worn out! Two more years and maybe maybe we will study abroad in London from jan to june next year. hence the wait on a baby.

aimee what is going on with work?? - how are you? anythoughts of a baby?

pamela, how are you and the fam? brody in kindergarten. I can't believe it!! I know what you mean. Lola will be in preschool to in August. It makes me so sad. How could the time go so fast?

mamma to be - is it clare? am I imagining it? sometimes i get the board names mixed up with the real names. How are you holding up? what is new in your world? I think I want number 4 because I have lost all my memory cells and courage has nothing to do with it... probably insanity. I just need one last baby to make us complete. I knew it when I pg with lucie though, i even bought this future baby's stocking when I bought lucies before she was born...

love you all, looking forward to catching up!
Christina
Christina (Ch)
HG survivor x3
Mom to Junia (6) Emma (4), and Lucienne (18 mos) otherwise known as Lucie and when she's saucy she's Lola
burntcarmine

Postby aaronsmommy » Jul 03, 2004 9:22 pm

I guess Lucie finally found her voice! No need to worry about her not standing up for what she wants now, huh?
My job turned out to be awful, and I actually just started my own practice last week. It has been a hard struggle and it isn't near over yet so we'll see how this new thing goes.
I'm starting to accept the the fact that we can't realistically do another pg, but I'm not there yet. I think someday we will add to our family by adoption, but for now we are having so much fun with Aaron that we are happy the way things are.
I think studying in London would be fun - you know I was actually born in England while my parents were there working and going to school.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby stephensmam » Jul 07, 2004 3:15 pm

well hello there stranger welcome back i cant believe you are going for no 4 again you are some brave woman, i dont know if you know or not but im currently 30 weeks and 4 days pg with my little girl i bit the bullet too, its tough but not as tough as last time iv had so much support from everyone here, im so glad you are back
love
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

so aimee

Postby burntcarmine » Jul 08, 2004 1:12 am

so Aimee,
what is aaron up to? Lucie is so funny, she is really a toddler. Is your dh still home with aaron? how does your practice work? I bet you told everyone what you went through and if I could only find the thread... I'd love to hear all.

we took lola camping last weekend and she did great. granted we are such geeks that our tent literally has a room just for her inside it but she loved it. slept through the night and everything.

catch me up more even if its pointing me where to look

ch
Christina (Ch)
HG survivor x3
burntcarmine

hi jaqueline

Postby burntcarmine » Jul 08, 2004 1:15 am

stephensmam wrote:well hello there stranger welcome back i cant believe you are going for no 4 again you are some brave woman, i dont know if you know or not but im currently 30 weeks and 4 days pg with my little girl i bit the bullet too, its tough but not as tough as last time iv had so much support from everyone here, im so glad you are back
love

I just wrote to you Jaqueline and I can't find the post! oh all i said was its wonderful to hear from you and I think you are so brave and I want you to give me the scoop on everything if you feel up to it
Christina (Ch)
HG survivor x3
burntcarmine

Postby stephensmam » Jul 09, 2004 5:52 am

well the short verson is the usual vomiing from 4 and a half weeks hospitalised at 7weeks ivs zofran ect stayed there till 13 weeks , at 12 weeks put on steroids , came home half dead but better than last time of the steroids since 25 weeks, could do with them now again , feeling really crappy and vomiting again and very sore with spd and trapped nerves in my legs, im very very fed up and housebound at the moment but delighted im having another child just cant wait till sept 11 or before if i can get dr to induce me.

so thats it how are you im really so glad to seee you here again
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby _Laurie » Jul 16, 2004 5:43 pm

Christina! I'm so glad to see your name on my screen again! :lol: Sounds like you've been really busy!

I'm amazed that you're considering a fourth after all you've been though-- you're so brave! Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to have another little girl. A boy would be great too, but three girls sounds like so much fun (and after 2 firls, I don't know if I'd know how to do a boy!). :) Maybe someday.

Once again, it's good to see you again. Hope you'll stick around! (at least when you have a spare moment).

hugs, Laurie
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Return to New to the Forums