Introduction

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Introduction

Postby Got2bmaemae » Jun 27, 2004 5:41 pm

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself I am a 2 time HG survivor. and recently found this website. Boy do I wish I knew about it during HG.
After five years of waiting/ two years of TTC..My first pregnancy I had HG and boy did I get a lot of cracker comments.
Oh the places I puked.. UGH! I was trying to work fulltime LOL in retrospect why did I put myself through that?? At 7 wks I ended up in the ER. They gave me compazine supposatories, what a joke. At 8wks I had two in office IV's I was not taken seriously till wk 9 when I FINALLY met my OB, after puking every 20 minutes all night long. THE dr's first words to me were "no offense, but you look awful, admit her" She told me her story. She was an HGer She gave herself an IV at night after puking during rounds.
I had 5 liters of fluid in a 24 hour hospital stay. 4 wks of disability.
HG lessened at 16 wks but I puked all nine months. Puked during delivery... Right after dd was born I said "give me my Zofran"
Second Pregnancy I thought it would be different LOL like you haven't heard that one before. Took me 2years to even consider TTC had nightmare regarding PG and delivery.recovery. After two years of TTC started researching adoption that month I got pregnant. This pregnacy was different I was mildly nauseus but not HG . I miscarried at week 9.
Third pregnancy much to our surprise we were not TTC too soon after the miscarriage. We found out we were pg two months after the miscarriage.
Thankfully because of the recent miscarriage my doctors watched this pregnancy closely. first ultrasound at 5wks. lost 10lbs in 8 days and started Zofran at week 7. Avoided ER and Hospital although there were times the Zofran wasn't working. In retrospect should have been hydrated several times but I did everything to avoid the ER or hospital. HG lessened slightly by wk 16 spent most Pregnancy on the couch or in bed. Puked all 9 months. Daughter was breech at week 36-38 I begged for a C-section wanted this pregnancy over!!! My dd turned herself into correct position. Had a much easier delivery Puked during delivery.. this time I warned the doctor. We actually stopped pushing to let the Zophran kick in!! . . Minutes after delivery I actually said now that wasn't too bad I could do that again!! THE DELIVERY I MEAN LOL!!! NOT the pregnancy!!
I was fortunate to be able to help encourage two local women with HG. and told them of the wonders of Zofran.
Last edited by Got2bmaemae on Nov 07, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got2bmaemae

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 28, 2004 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I got a good chuckle from your "I could do that again--delivery" comment. My babies just shot right out--the one thing I COULD do pregnancy-wise, but no surprise to me that my body just couldn't wait to get it over. :) I know not all HGers are as fortunate, but easy deliveries always helped negate the HG a bit for me.

You found a great place as you seek closure on the HG part of your life. Some women (me) hang around here and decide they're ready to go through it again after all, and others find peace with their decision to stop biologically and turn to other avenues. Either way, it's a great place for support. Thanks again for signing on as a potential buddy - My ultimate goal is a HG support group in every locale! :wink: Have you checked into the Adoption Forum?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Do that again comment

Postby OldMom » Jul 07, 2004 3:31 pm

I too was able to have very, very qiuck deliveries, One gift I was given after the horrors of HG! My third took only 50 minutes!
Jennifer in Chattanooga, Tennessee

4 HG pregnancies
21 year old girl
19 year old girl
14 year old boy
due 12/3/04 Girl (She's a gift I didn't ever expect, and still trying to get used to.)
OldMom

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 07, 2004 9:16 pm

50 minutes?! Wow! I had long, boring labors, but once it was showtime it went quickly. I really feel fortunate that at least my body got SOMETHING right!

Are you contingency planning in case this baby just pops out in 10 minutes at home one day? :wink: Breaking the 50-minutes record would be a bit frightening for me, 45 miles from the hospital. lol
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

contengency plans

Postby OldMom » Jul 08, 2004 10:50 am

Yes, actually I am trying to cover my bases. Number 2 came out in 70 minutes, almost in the car. With number 3 I had the progestin cream applied to my cervix at 5 days post term and again at 10 days , just so I could go ahead and start labor in the hospital instead of someplace else. The second time worked. This town hasn't had much success with any real acceptable homebirth help. Midwifes and Dr's here are afraid of it, unfortunatly. So, for me, I really need to be near the hospital. I will have an emergency kit with me when the due date rolls around though. All my babies "cook" for over 41 weks so I can't imagine having one early!

Actually I believe I have early labor for days, but I am not able to feel pain, just a head rush with each contraction. I was over 5 CM dialated for a week. ( now I know by just saying that some of you will hate me!) :wink:
Jennifer in Chattanooga, Tennessee

4 HG pregnancies
21 year old girl
19 year old girl
14 year old boy
due 12/3/04 Girl (She's a gift I didn't ever expect, and still trying to get used to.)
OldMom

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 08, 2004 11:17 am

I hope your upcoming delivery goes as quickly and smoothly as the other two! That is really something. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums