We Still Need Buddies! Is your location represented?

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Postby PamelaRose » May 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks, Charl - We'd love another New Zealander on the list! Just email me your email address, and I'll add your name. :)

And Sara, too! Let me know when you move, and I'll change your info.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Volunteer for Kent UK

Postby Hopes » May 25, 2006 2:48 am

Dear Pamela

I have been in contact with you before regarding being a volunteer for Kent,UK

I just wondered if it would help if I sorted out the volunteer's into counties/states like you have got in the US. As on your list you only have Uk -13.

I am trying to sort out some sort of flyer for the local hospitals so I can offer non-medical support. I thought that I could maybe start a support group where if I get enough volunteers that we might be able to visit HG sufferers who are unable to get to the support group or organise an online chat. Just so we can reach people who need a should to support them.

What do you think?

Open to ideas as I'm really wanting to help.

Kindest regards

Louise
Hopes

Postby PamelaRose » May 25, 2006 5:30 pm

That's a fantastic idea, Louise, and I'd love for someone to jump in and volunteer to sort through the UK ladies! I'm, er, a bit challeneged at Uk geography...as I'm sure you recall. 8) Remind me again if I don't get to it soon, and we'll figure out a way to get it set up. There's been talk of setting up a UK support group for years, as there hasn't been much since Kerri Simpson moved and Bloomin' Awful stalled, so I think you may be in the right place at exactly the right time.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Hopes » May 26, 2006 2:56 am

Dear Pamela

Thank you for your reply.

I would love to start up something again in the UK as it's much needed. I was really sad when Blooming awful stalled.

Can you advise me on the best way to go about starting a support group? I'm going to send out flyers to the local hospitals to start so then I can help from home to start with and hopefully start trying to raise awareness.

DO you think that a web site is the best method of contact?

Not sure where to go now.

Best wishes

Louise

email: flyingcometslittlehope@msn.com
Hopes

Postby Sunlight » Jul 13, 2006 11:22 am

Hi There.

Im a UK HG sufferer and i've had a awful time trying to find other HG women in te UK. AND information, help, advice etc about it over here.

Very intrested in a support group for UK ladies!!
Sunlight

Postby Hopes » Jul 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi

I am trying to sort out the UK support network at the moment, you can email me on flyingcometslittlehope@msn.com

I am going to be sending out a flyer to start with just asking UK ladies to post them on clinic notice boards with permission and maybe speak to local midmives GP etc.......starting small aiming HIGH!

How far into your pregnancy are you and is this your first?

Look forward to chatting with you.

Kindest regards

Louise
Hopes

Postby Sunlight » Jul 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi Louise,

I actually a survivor! Have DS who's 3.
Sunlight

I'm a little late joining in.

Postby Mom2Lex » Aug 28, 2006 8:36 am

I'm a 2x HG survivor (6 month son/2 yr. old daughter)

I'm a New Yorker and I would love to support anyone suffering with HG.

Tell me how I can help. Should I post my e-mail? Please contact me if you need to vent :-)
Lisa
Mom to Alexis and Sean
Mom2Lex

Postby shellygh » Aug 28, 2006 3:22 pm

I'm late to this forum (just now finding it). But I'm in Philadephia, PA. I'm an HG survivor and I gave birth to two children. I suffered with HG with both prenancies. I would be happy to be of support to any woman needing it. I'm also certified as a lactation counselor.

I posted my HG story some years ago on on the HUGS site.

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/hugs/michelle.html

Michelle

Mom of Cheo (age 8) and Asha ( age 5)
shellygh

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Thanks for volunteering, Michelle and Lisa. You can get in touch with anyone on these forums either by private message (the "PM" button at the bottom of a post) or email (the "email" button, though some members do not authorize email contact). If you see someone whose story is compelling, feel free to send a message!

For the volunteer list, we keep a list of HG survivors who are willing to get in contact with others in their area. I need your name, location, and email address, and when someone near you asks for support I get in touch and see if you're available. You can PM or email me with your information, and I'll let you know when there's a match. I appreciate your willingness to help!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Gr00vychc » Oct 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Hello! I'm new to this site.. my friend who had HG also told me about this site. I'm in the beautiful South Orange County, California and I'd like to help.
Doting Mommy to Sarah & loving (sometimes) wife to Joe :)
[/url]
Gr00vychc

Need a buddy?

Postby KatieB » Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm

Pamela,

I just registered with the forum. I survived HG twice and want to reach out tho others. I'm located in SE Pennsylvania.

Peace,
Katie :hugs:
KatieB

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks, Ladies! I'm always happy to add more contacts to the list. I'll email you to make sure I have the correct information; if you don't hear from me, be sure to let me know. :D
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby tgger007 » Oct 03, 2006 10:56 pm

I don't know if I ever offered to help. If not, I'd love to be a buddy to someone. My hg was not as severe as many since my Dr did not direct me to IV's and such.. but I'd love to help.
Crystalyn

tgger007
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm

Thanks, Crystalyn. I'll make sure I have you down. We don't care about severity; most HGers are just happy to hear from someone who doesn't recommend crackers and ginger ale! :wink:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

I'd like to help

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 11, 2006 2:52 pm

I'm new to the forums and it looks like my state already has several volunteers, but I'd like to help in any way that I can, so if I'm needed, call on me!
I'm in Utah.
-Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 11, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks, Tina! We can never have too many volunteers in one area. I've been trying to send out group emails in places where we have a good number of HGers in close vicinity, so if you'd like to see if someone is near you, let me know where and I'll find out. Some of the Utah gals have met and are quite close. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Sweetp203125 » Oct 27, 2006 9:27 pm

:D :!: Seen there were 6 from Indiana BUT I would LOVE to be a Support Buddy.....I so wish this site was around when I was pregnant! I think this is the best thing ever!! Please let me know if u need more for Indy!!!
Sweetp203125

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 27, 2006 10:48 pm

We can always use more volunteers! You can email me with your name and location and I'll add you to the list. Thanks. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Would love to help someone suffering with HG

Postby Gunningmomof3 » Nov 07, 2006 10:12 pm

Pamela-
My name is CHrissy.
I suffered from HG horribly during my 3rd and last pregnancy and gave birth to my son on June 8th of this year.
I would love to be a buddy to someone in the state of Massachusetts since I am from Dracut ,MA.
Maybe someone in close prox. in case they ever need to get together and talk.
My email is : gunningfam@integrity.com

Please let me know how to help.

Chrissy
Gunningmomof3

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums