Anyone had HG & Factor V Leiden??

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Anyone had HG & Factor V Leiden??

Postby roxygirlie » May 31, 2007 12:42 pm

I have 3 kids from a previos marriage. Last summer I lost a baby at 17wks and when all the tests came back I was surprised to learn that I have Factor V Leiden.

Since then I have been taking a Baby Aspirin a day and 3400mcg of Folic Acid. I was told that if I do get PG again then I will be giving myself Heperin/Lovenox shots in my belly daily.

Just curios if anyone has had to this on top of the HG? It's looking like I maybe be PG finally this month and I am now nervous, although I know the outcome is well worth it.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
roxygirlie

Postby IslandDreamer » May 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Welcome.

I'm really sorry about your sweet baby. :cry:

I know there is at least one other member with this diagnosis, but I cannot find her post. Hoping she sees this.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby blessedw4 » Jun 07, 2007 7:26 am

Hi Steph. I have Factor V Leiden. I did not discover it however until I had a PE after the birth of my fourth daughter. You are right in saying that you will have to take Lovenox shots during your entire pregnancy. My sister has Factor V Leiden also and is preggo. She has to give herself a shot one time a day as well as take a baby aspirin daily. She also meets with a peri once a month to check on the growth of the baby.

Make sure that your insurance company pays for the shots. They will no matter how much you fight them.

Feel free to PM with any questions.

Marti
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Return to New to the Forums