[color=blue]Hey y'all! Bridge's reintro-[/color]

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

[color=blue]Hey y'all! Bridge's reintro-[/color]

Postby Bridge » Jun 03, 2004 8:32 pm

Hey everyone. I am 10 1/2 weeks into my second hg pregnancy. I am on zofran, which is a gift from God, but like others, I have good days and bad. I have just changed ob's, and am extremely excited to have done that for myself - as the previous ob was very unsupportive in my struggle with hg. My new ob is amazing!

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, who, unfortunately has had to witness this condition. She announced after lunch today that she had to hurry to the potty. Of course, I thought great, this potty training thing is catching on - but, no, she was pretending to throw up. Not my happiest moment. So, I feel a certain guilt about putting her through this, as well. (However, I have received much comfort from this site and remarks from other mommies who swear their kids don't remember Mommy being sick, once it's all over.) :D
Bridget
Mommy to Madeleine 2 1/2 and to baby on the way
Bridge

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 04, 2004 1:24 am

Welcome, Bridget!

I look forward to your posts in the first trimester folder.

I'm one of those that swear they don't remember! My son was 2 at the height of my HG, and doesn't remember a thing (he's nearly 9 now, so HG was 7 years ago in our lives).

I'm in the midst of potty training our 3 yr. old. You're so brave for potty training during HG!

I'm so glad you like you're new OB. Always a relief to know an HGer is getting better medical support. Share your Dr. info here on the Dr. referral list! (and email me the info on the Dr. you're leaving, so they aren't ever referred to someone by accident!).

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 04, 2004 1:37 am

Hi, Bridget. Your post brought back memories of my little guy (who was 23 months) mimicking me as I vomited. "I'm spittin', Mom," he'd say oh-so-seriously. We all worry about affecting our older children, but they honestly do not remember any of it. My son was 4 with my last HG and he only vaguely remembers the "straw in Mommy's arm" (picc cord). The little sisters he got out of my HGs give him far too much to keep up with, and those HG memories just slide right by.

Good luck to you - I'm so glad to hear you found a great doctor!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums