Let's do a Dad roll call

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

Let's do a Dad roll call

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 24, 2006 10:54 pm

Hi Dads,

Thought I would start a post for you to introduce yourselves, so you can know who is around, who lurks, who is currently pg, and who is a survivor. Even if you don't post regularly, having email and/or PM addresses of other Dads might be helpful. Having an active Private Message box can allow fathers and partners the chance to talk and vent.

Here is a similar post in the supporters' forum:
http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5250
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby brooksy » Jan 29, 2006 9:22 am

hi my name is paul.my gf is expecting our second baby we only found out she has hg by looking on the internet when she became ill again............... :cry: when she was pregnent the first time we were told she had bad morning sickness and was not treated for hg she went in to hospital 3 times and in the end we lost the baby :(

when she found out she was preagnent again i was sooo happy.but 6 weeks in it all started again.i was so frightend because of last time.my sister went on the internet and found this site.i printed off a page to show my gf doctor and he said''THE INTERNET IS GOOD.........BUT WRONG''.she was taken to hospital and they started treating her for hg.after 2 days they let her come home but after 36 hours its all started again...so she is going back to the hospital today..im hoping they can give us somethig that will help her this time

im so glad to have found this site it helps me a lot.....and gives me some hope that things can get better :)
brooksy

Postby brad_malone » Jan 31, 2006 9:05 pm

Hello all,

My wife and I are surviving our first pregnancy. It has been the hardest time of my life. She is 22 weeks and has been sick for most of it. She has been hospitalized six times for an average of four days each time. When she is sick I do not think any medication cocktail even touches the HG. She is a trooper; I believe that this is from being a type 1 diabetic. She is much better at handling the emotional aspect of HG.
We have a very supportive high risk OB group. They have helped in every way that they can, but there seems to be so little for them to do. Everien was taken out of work this week for the rest of the pregnancy.
On top of the HG, we learned two weeks ago that the baby has a congenital heart defect. Our daughter will have to have 3 surgeries to correct the problem, the first of which will be a week after birth.
I guess I would like to hear from any husbands that have gone through this multiple times. I feel bad because I can not at all imagine starting a pregnancy over, especially while taking care a young child. It is all I can do to make through each day. For the first time in my life I dread nights and weekends because I have to be home and either miss Everien when she is in the hospital or be worried when she is in bed being sick.

I would love to hear from more guys around here.

Brad
brad_malone

Postby bmc » Feb 01, 2006 8:49 pm

Well Brad, I'm another guy who just joined looking for answers myself. I'm sorry you and your wife have to go through this on your first pg. I can tell you that that first child WILL change your life no matter how much of a tough guy you may think you are. I know. I posted in the "New to the forums-pregnant" section since my wife is too sick to even look at a computer. There is so much information here it's tough to get through it all. Man, I feel for you! This sucks! But as bad as it is for us guys, I look at what my wife is going through and ask myself; "What do I have to complain about?" I too, am happy to go to work for a break. I'm sorry your child will have to have surgery so young. That's really a shame on top of everything you two are going through, but it sounds like you have some very good doctors. I can't offer any advice as to what the future brings as my wife and I are first time HG'ers too. Maybe we can swap ideas for guys to get through this since we can't just fix it like everything else in our lives. :lol: I wish you all the best and just realize it won't last forever! Yeah, that helps. :roll:
bmc

Postby Bradley » Feb 08, 2006 12:21 am

Hey guys,

Can you guess my name? Hah - Well, it's nice to see other guys on this forum. I haven't been really posting much until recently as my wife was the one who found this site and it seemed like it was "her" thing and I didn't want to butt my head in. However, I found out that the woman really appreciate it when us guys post as it gives them insight into how our brains work.

Of course, woman are constantly trying to figure us out, and since we gave up trying to figure them out a long time ago, it's pretty much a one-way street for them, so anything helps.

We just lost our fourth baby a week ago. The whole thing is chronicled in this thread if you wish to read more about us:

http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5387

This forum has really helped our recovery. It is amazing the difference in dealing with our loss this time, versus the last three. Of course, it didn't help not knowing that she suffered from HG until this last one. It made all the difference in the world, knowing what we were dealing with and having options to handle the nausea and vomiting.

It didn't save the baby, nothing could have, but it has helped us as so many of our friends have helped us through this.

Brad, I am sorry to hear about your baby. I know exactly how you feel. When we lost our baby, I thought to myself, geeez, isn't it enough that we have to deal with the HG and now we have to deal with this on top of it?

I don't know what your beliefs are, but we believe that God wouldn't give us something more than He knows we can handle. We will keep you in our prayers. Be sure to keep us updated about the condition of your daughter and your wife.

It's nice meeting you Paul, Brad and bmc. I look forward to getting to know you guys and all of the other dads (or in my case survivors) that will come as well.

Your friend,
Bradley
There is HOPE! There is always HOPE!
Bradley

Postby bmc » Feb 09, 2006 7:19 pm

Bradley,
I'm so sorry for your loss and wish I could say something to ease you and Allison's pain, but I know nothing can ease it so I only have my best thoughts and wishes for you both! I hope Allison recovers quickly and you two can get back to somewhat of a normal life.

My wife and I...well my wife mostly...have had a really rough few days. Urgent Care visits, lots of vomiting, muscle cramps, etc. I'm worn out and frustrated! I'll be updating later when I have more time.

I'll be here when I can and lend any support possible. Take good care of Allison. I'm sure she needs you now more than ever. Be strong!

Bruce
bmc

Postby brooksy » Feb 10, 2006 9:44 pm

sorry im so late in posting this but my g/f has been in and out of hospital over the past 3 weeks.....4 times in all.i just havent been on much

bradley im so sorry to hear about your and alisons loss :cry:
bruce and brad
good luck hope things improve

:)
ME AND ANNMARIE
brooksy

Postby Pandy » Mar 02, 2006 4:33 am

Hi, I'm KimberlyAnn's mummy's b/f. We are on our second HG pregnancy, the first resulting in hospitalisation and IV. This pregnancy is a bit easier on her as she got medication right from the start, instead of 6 months in like last time. She still has good days and bad days but nowhere near as bad as last time.
Pandy

Postby Marie » Mar 03, 2006 12:14 am

Hey gentlemen. Nice to have you with us and join our discussions. Thank you for coming here to support others.

Best Wishes to you all,
Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family