Feel guilty for even thinking it...

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Feel guilty for even thinking it...

Postby argirl26 » Nov 13, 2012 4:59 pm

But I am going to try and talk DH into getting a vasectomy -- or agreeing to me getting my tubes tied -- after this baby. I have realized after being in the hospital the last two days with baby #2 that I just can't put myself and my family through this again. I miss playing with my little girl. I miss feeling normal and human. I just can't take this again. I'm only 29, and DH and I wanted a couple more kids, but not at this expense. Thanks for listening.
DD - 1/25/2011 - Moderate HG 7-14 weeks (Zofran/Unisom/IV fluids/Zantac/lots of bed rest/-12% body weight)
#2 - EDD 6/17/2013 - Moderate HG 8 - ? weeks (Zofran/steroids/Protonix/ IV fluids/TPN through central line/-11% body weight so far)

hgdiaries.wordpress.com
argirl26
Been There Done That

Re: Feel guilty for even thinking it...

Postby DivineLotus » Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Not a problem hun. I have only one and I'm done. I'm going to the inplanon once I get my period. We are both sure we are done. No $, no time, stress is high,... no good. I'm 29 also.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby argirl26 » Nov 17, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't blame you. The scary thing to me is that this was a "surprise" baby. What if that happens again if I don't do something more permanent than hormonal birth control? I looked up the Implanon -- I had never heard of it before, but it seems like a really good option. I just don't know.
DD - 1/25/2011 - Moderate HG 7-14 weeks (Zofran/Unisom/IV fluids/Zantac/lots of bed rest/-12% body weight)
#2 - EDD 6/17/2013 - Moderate HG 8 - ? weeks (Zofran/steroids/Protonix/ IV fluids/TPN through central line/-11% body weight so far)

hgdiaries.wordpress.com
argirl26
Been There Done That

Postby DivineLotus » Dec 07, 2012 3:55 am

I got it today. I never want to be pregnant again ever. So far so good. I've been using the mini pill so its the same except its in my arm and will last for 3 yrs. After this, if all goes well ill do something permanent.

As for you if you sure. Hell, do it permanent. :)
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Return to No more for me!?